Yo

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackJack

I just got told that I have to introduce myself here.

I am British. I used to be in the Royal Navy. I am in my early twenties. Contrary to what most Americans think, we have hot, clean water in our houses and we have electricity in our houses. We only have 5 TV channels, but that doesn't matter, because our TV is the best in the world. Our microwaves are electricity-powered and not coal-powered and we don't move our cars with our feet like the Flintstones do. Our beer is strong and our women are beautiful (unless you live in the Outer Hebrides where the women have beards).

Anyway, that's my intro.

Contrary to what most Americans think,

Posh, that is what Yanks think of us Irish, not Brits. Most Americans think Brits are arrogant without cause, lacking in taste, and have poor dental hygiene, but, I honestly have no idea where they would get such a silly and off base assumption.

Welcome to the forum.

Most Brits (and the rest of the world), think Americans are arrogant, obese, gun-toting, trigger-happy, loud-mouthed people who can't dress and can't even point to their own country on a map.

BlackJack said:
Most Brits (and the rest of the world), think Americans are arrogant, obese, gun-toting, trigger-happy, loud-mouthed people who can't dress and can't even point to their own country on a map.

You say it like it's a bad thing. I find those to be endearing general stereo-types about Yanks.

If you can't find your own country on a map if you are 35 years old, then there is definetely something wrong somewhere. I was surprised that the US actually managed to bomb Iraq and not a neighbouring country and ally like Turkey. Maybe that's why you wanted us on your side - so we could tell you where and where not to bomb.

Anyway, enough of this banter.

Wow! This one is from a Navy.....Are you the equivelent of an enlisted man or an officer? If your enlisted, the fun and games gang here expects to hear lots of good funny stories from your career. If you are an officer...well we still expect to get some good stories out of you! Welcome to the forum, Blackjack!

Oh Yes...I am very much an American...and British women are beautiful. But i have to say my coal powered microwave baked the best bread l ever ate in Britain... :D

Nice to see a wholly unbiased viewpoint, BlackJack ;) .

Anyway, welcome to the forum, and remember, RnderSafe isn't the only one who likes you as a person, I love you baby. :lol:

And all women are beautiful.

*Redleg gives a BIG hug to everyone*

Aaaahhhh, it's those Teletubbies again, they are ruining my head.... :evil:

*Redleg runs out and hugs his '55....*

BlackJack said:
Are you irish? Why do you have an American flag as an avatar?

Yes, I am Irish. Kildare stock. As for the latter question, because I am now serving in the US military.

Welcome to the forum!

And don't worry all Americans ain't stupid, just the yanks, us rednecks on the other hand.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back