Yet Another Reason.....

Yossarian

Forum Resistance Leader
Yet another reason for Americans to keep their flags at half mast.
April 21 2007, At Beaufort Marine Corps Air Station, at the air show, during the final minutes of the Blue Angles performance, Blue Angle Number 6, who's name is being with held. Was lost in low altitude crash at the Air Show.

"Blue Angel Jet Crashes at Beaufort Air Show
Story Number: NS-12
Release Date: 4/21/2007 7:51:00 PM
excl_icon2b.gif

From Navy Office of Information
PENSACOLA, Fla. (NS) -- An F/A-18A Hornet assigned to the Navy Flight Demonstration Squadron (Blue Angels) crashed during the final minutes of an air show at Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort, S.C., at approximately 4 p.m. EDT, April 21.

The pilot did not survive.

The pilot of the jet was joining the Delta formation for the final maneuver of the aerial demonstration when the mishap occurred. It was his second year on the team, and first year as a demonstration pilot.

The other five Blue Angel jets were not involved in the incident and landed safely moments later.

The crash occurred approximately three miles outside the air station in the vicinity of Pine Grove Rd. and White Pine Rd. One civilian on the ground reported minor injuries and was transported to Beaufort Memorial Hospital. Some houses in the area received damage, the extent of which is unclear at this time.

The name of the pilot is being withheld pending the notification of the next-of-kin.

The cause of the accident is currently under investigation.

For more news from around the fleet, visit www.navy.mil."

http://www.news.navy.mil/search/display.asp?story_id=28989

Its tragic. I didnt get a chance to go, but almost did.I knew some one who went, they brought me back a T shirt, with the Blue Angles aircraft on it, apparently, they bought it before the Blue Angles performance. On the back it has the Blue Angles Number 6 jet, along with the other 5. There has not been a Blue Angles Crash that was fatal since 1985 I belive. And Agian in 1999. It really sucks to see one of the best crash like that.

Last edited:
Back