Mig 21 or Mirage III

• Mirage III

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mig 21

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SHERMAN

Well, I tohught ill throw in an oldie.
Mirage III Vs. Mig 21, which was better? Please ignore the training factor.

Geez man! I have no idea about either one. I'll flip a coin- heads for the MiG and tails for the Mirage...

...tails for the Mirage.

I guess that depends on the model of the plane, but aerodynamically I think the MiG-21 is marginally better than the Mirage III. The delta-wing design made high-G turns very expensive in terms of energy. The French avionics and weapons systems may have been better than contemporary Soviet ones. The pilot quality made the difference in the encounters between the two types.

I really don't know my history on planes, but I'll say MiG 21 just 'cause it's always feared the semi-old war-movies :)

Not really...in the semi-old war movies (Top Gun) :p they show the F-5 Freedom and try to pass it off, usually as a MiG-21. And didn't you notice they always got shot down? :rambo:

Acctually, in "Top Gun" they made up a "Mig 28" ....And the "actor" was a F5 Freedom Fighter....Sometime sthey use Kfirs as Migs too...Which is kind of reasonable as the Kfir and F5 were both used as "Force Red" planes in US exercizes...

I think I see what Hollywood was up to. Use the F-5 that looks nothing like any relevant Soviet Mig ... and we preserve the Hollywood need for inaccuracy and general weirdness. Indeed, that's brilliant!

Back