Yes, Yes, another scenario topic...

SHERMAN

Well, I have a question, could there be a war in western eaurop again?
If so, what sides, actions, forces, and so on?(must stop reading Clancy...)

Hmm..

Jamtland and Harjedalen (Jämtland-Härjedalen) in Sweden should be returned to Norway... :twisted:
But that would probably be too easy..
Sweden would be neutral, and Jämtland-Härjedalen wants to be returned to Norway.. ;) :lol:

Redleg said:
Hmm..

Jamtland and Harjedalen (Jämtland-Härjedalen) in Sweden should be returned to Norway... :twisted:
But that would probably be too easy..
Sweden would be neutral, and Jämtland-Härjedalen wants to be returned to Norway.. ;) :lol:

Hell no :p

We are only neutral aslong as no one trys to invade us :twisted:

:lol: :lol:

I don't think we even have to invade you at all.
Just stand on the border and wave with Norwegian passports..
I have spoken with many in Jämtland-Härjedalen, and it seems like they are ready to leave Sweeden..
96% (or something like that) no to EU, Jamtlandska Republikanska Armee and more.... :lol:

OH

Who would believe it, you guys have disputes? I was thinking every time you guys have an itch just invade the western areas together on long boats...

Redleg said:
:lol: :lol:

I don't think we even have to invade you at all.
Just stand on the border and wave with Norwegian passports..
I have spoken with many in Jämtland-Härjedalen, and it seems like they are ready to leave Sweeden..
96% (or something like that) no to EU, Jamtlandska Republikanska Armee and more.... :lol:

Well im also against EU but that dosnt mean i want to join Norway! On the other hand why not scratch the border and become one mixed country ;)

AlexKall said:
Well im also against EU but that dosnt mean i want to join Norway! On the other hand why not scratch the border and become one mixed country ;)
¨

Called Norrige.. (The Northern Realm.. or something like that in English..)
And then we can unite our Longboat fleets and conquer the rest of the world.. :twisted:
BRING OUT THE MUSHROOMS!! :viking:

Isn't this a great thread Sherman..
(did it go as you planned?? ;) )

well

Well, not as i planned, but very entertaining non the less. Now, when you say the world, you do remember you have me down south... :rambo:

I think China is the only threat. They would first overpower anyone else on the way to Europe, and when they get to the continenntal border they would be faced by a massive Russian Army. By the time they get through Russia (with extremely heavy loses), Europe would have mobilized. America would be at the forefront of the defensive, and UK and Australia and other smaller European nations (Sweden ect.) The rest of the would be a clean-up mostly, and China would be totally defeated and army-less. Russia would also be powerless and broken.

Sounds like a good book.

Redleg said:
AlexKall said:
¨

Called Norrige.. (The Northern Realm.. or something like that in English..)
And then we can unite our Longboat fleets and conquer the rest of the world.. :twisted:
BRING OUT THE MUSHROOMS!! :viking:

Isn't this a great thread Sherman..
(did it go as you planned?? ;) )

The world? Now thats a plan i like! :D :twisted:

I dont know IMO we have seen the last large scale war: WW2......plus Europe my not be one single happy EU yet but the do close ranks when it comes to world politics. So I believe no more wars in western or central europe........maybe something in southeastern europe like in the 90's but nothing I believe LARGE scale or anything just localized conflict........

my 2 cent

Maybe not in our life times, but if the EU becomes one super-state in the distant future, then history has shown that all artificial unions of countries end up in war in the end...Yugoslavia, Soviet Union, US, Indo-Pakistan Wars, the list goes on.

I dont know about that. IMO political ties are not what they once were, plus no-one wants to see 40 plus million people die again......

next war quote me on this

the next war will be in taiwan vs china nd very soon...if you watch the news youll know what i mean...... the US, Australia, Canada, Russia, Spain, Germany,Taiwan,Britian VS China and North Korea. i will fight in that war....... one other thing i can call Switzerland will be nuetral...... as if it couldnt be guessed :rambo:

Re: next war quote me on this

TacticalEdge said:
the next war will be in taiwan vs china nd very soon...if you watch the news youll know what i mean......

I watch the news, but I do not quite understand what you mean..

Care to explain??

Re: next war quote me on this

Redleg said:
TacticalEdge said:
the next war will be in taiwan vs china nd very soon...if you watch the news youll know what i mean......

I watch the news, but I do not quite understand what you mean..

Care to explain??

Yes, please explain this one I watch the news everyday too.

aw that old china vs china game again...The guy that wrote "the flight of the old dog" (Dale Bond) has been preaching this very scenario of china involved engagments for his last three books or so. Even clancy took a swing at the chineese invasion of russia to get the gold and goodies of siberia.

Its quite sobering really. Right now, america is very pressed to engage in conflicts in two geographically seperated places. The middle east and kosovo are exceptions, because they really are within the realm of one quater of the world, and acessible by air from germany or kuwait, take your pick.

Now if china felt really froggy, they would do whats predicted and go and take the bone while the dogs busy in another part of the yard. Only, i believe they are really not as prepared to go to the stops just right yet. One they just had a miserable harvest. Two, aside from a few natural castastrophes, the fuel situation aint good neither. We might have a few years respite from china just yet.

Maybee. :shock:

explaining myself

china considers tiawan part of itself..... but the new taiwanese president wants it to be known that they are independent... china doesnt like this...... they have begun to move missles to the southern portion of china...... able to hit taiwan....... with the US in iraq we cannnot help our ally taiwan..... so the chinese may strike if the new president gets to patriotic....... some even believe that the shot that hit the president while he was running for president was an assasination attempt...... but this is just my view

to be honest i dont think that they would dare - the trade embardgos etc that would result from all the countries not wanting to trade wih china would cripple it. especially oil and food embargos, and I believe that some organisation (UN poss.?) would deploy a rapid reaction force there anyway. There would be no point really for them except to boost their national pride (re:argentinians falklands war).

I don't think the UN would be able to deter China if China decided that taking Taiwan would be in her best interest. Besides China would veto any sanctions or UN plans to move against it, for whatever that would be worth. Now if you're referring to a typical UN operation, which means that it is mostly manned and funded by the U.S.A. then I may tend to agree that such action may be deemed not in China's best interest. Sanctions really aren't very effective in stopping aggression. For now, I think China is biding her time when it comes to Taiwan. The fact of the matter is that China has been massing forces, firing artillery. aiming missiles etc. in the direction of Taiwan for many years now. It's really nothing new at all. Watch the news every time there's a Taiwanese election coming up.

Back