The Years and Events

A Can of Man

Je suis aware
Thought I might start a thread about years and events. Naturally we start with the year 1 (according to the Christian Calendar since that's what we normally use).

The year 1 on Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1

Lots of events during the year 1. One event is missing in the entry. What could that be?

Ain't in 1BC on Wiki. Didn't I tell you it's unreliable? ;)
It's on the part "religion" not "births."
Come on, people question his divinity but I don't think the guy made up his D.O.B.

The Year 2 AD
(Source Wikipedia)

Year 2 (II) was a common year starting on Sunday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar.

Events

By place

Roman Empire

Europe

Africa

• Juba II of Mauretania joins Gaius Caesar in Armenia as a military advisor. It is during this period that he meets Glaphyra, a Cappadocian princess and the former wife of Alexandros of Judea, a brother of Herod Archelaus, ethnarch of Judea, and falls for her.

Asia

• Wang Mang begins a program of personal aggrandizement, restoring marquess titles to past imperial princes and introducing a pension system for retired officials. Restrictions are placed on the Emperor's mother, Consort Wei and members of the Wei Clan.
  • The first census is concluded in China after having begun the year before: final numbers show a population of nearly 60 million (59,594,978 people in slightly more than 12 million households). The census is one of the most accurate surveys in Chinese history.[1]
  • The Chinese census shows nearly one million people living in Vietnam.

Births

Deaths

Back