The Years and Events

--
Boots

September 7th, 2008  
A Can of Man

Topic: The Years and Events

Thought I might start a thread about years and events. Naturally we start with the year 1 (according to the Christian Calendar since that's what we normally use).

The year 1 on Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1

Lots of events during the year 1. One event is missing in the entry. What could that be?
September 7th, 2008  
The Other Guy

Actually, that event happened in the year 1 BC, according to Dionysius.
September 7th, 2008  
A Can of Man

Ain't in 1BC on Wiki. Didn't I tell you it's unreliable?
It's on the part "religion" not "births."
Come on, people question his divinity but I don't think the guy made up his D.O.B.
--
Boots
July 18th, 2009  
A Can of Man

The Year 2 AD
(Source Wikipedia)

Year 2 (II) was a common year starting on Sunday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar.

Events

By place

Roman Empire

Europe

Africa

• Juba II of Mauretania joins Gaius Caesar in Armenia as a military advisor. It is during this period that he meets Glaphyra, a Cappadocian princess and the former wife of Alexandros of Judea, a brother of Herod Archelaus, ethnarch of Judea, and falls for her.

Asia

• Wang Mang begins a program of personal aggrandizement, restoring marquess titles to past imperial princes and introducing a pension system for retired officials. Restrictions are placed on the Emperor's mother, Consort Wei and members of the Wei Clan.
  • The first census is concluded in China after having begun the year before: final numbers show a population of nearly 60 million (59,594,978 people in slightly more than 12 million households). The census is one of the most accurate surveys in Chinese history.[1]
  • The Chinese census shows nearly one million people living in Vietnam.

Births

Deaths