Yankees' Farnsworth Criticizes Clause in Clemens' Contract

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]CHICAGO (AP) -New York reliever Kyle Farnsworth thinks no one on the Yankees, not even Roger Clemens, should be allowed to leave the team when they aren't pitching.

Farnsworth was on Chicago's 670 AM The Score on Thursday morning when he first criticized the so-called "family plan" clause in Clemens' one-year, $28 million contract that allows the right-hander to leave the team for personal matters when he's not pitching.
Farnsworth reiterated his beliefs in the clubhouse before the Yankees' 4-1 loss to the White Sox.
"As far as a teammate and a player, I think everybody should be here whether they're pitching or not," he said. "You don't see guys who are hurt not sit on the bench. They're always there."
Even so, Farnsworth doesn't think it's going to be a problem and didn't foresee any clubhouse tension over preferential treatment for one of the game's greatest pitchers.
"It's just an opinion of mine. I don't think it's a concern at all," he said. "You guys asked my opinion about it and I gave it."
The 44-year-old Clemens could join the Yankees rotation against the Blue Jays on May 28 or 29 or at Boston on June 2 or 3. "Whether it's going to cause a problem, we'll see," Farnsworth said. "I don't think it will. We're all professionals here and we know how to go about our jobs. As far as friction, he's going to be here to help this team win. That's the only thing that everybody is worried about."
[/FONT]

Back