Y'all watching the X Games?

AZ_Infantry

Man, I just got into the X Games a few years ago, and it never fails to astound me.

The big-air skateboarding is on right now, and their air tricks are just amazing.

Last edited:
are you watching it with your friend.... Redneck_13? I am sure he would love to snuggle up with you and watch the big air.... :D

The skateboarders scare me. I'm afraid they are going to be hurt. (I know, I know, that is why they are called X...the shape the body makes when they fall!)

LMBO @ TI's post.

I wish we were getting them here. I've only seen pieces from them, and I must admit, that as much as I dislike the stereotypical skateboarder I've got to admit those blokes have got real skill. Not necessarily brains, but definitely skill.

No doubt about the skill.
But they're such douche bags who are so "cool" not doing anything productive that I fail to get impressed. It's a bit like the guy who can balance a lot of plates on his face. Now that's skill.

No doubt about the skill.
But they're such douche bags who are so "cool" not doing anything productive that I fail to get impressed. It's a bit like the guy who can balance a lot of plates on his face. Now that's skill.

No, it's not really productive. But then again, neither is golf or fishing or football or, for that matter, posting here.

I respect them because as young adults that have forgone the way of alcohol and drugs and gangs and choose to endeavor themselves to athletics, instead. Do athletes use alcohol and drugs? Yes, of course.

But most of those in the X Games are college age: The largest age bracket for alcohol and drug abuse. Instead, they are sweating, staying in shape, and trying to be role models for other youths.

What's not to respect about that?

The fact that they can't talk without tilting their heads back a good 45 degrees or without that "dry" voice is the part that ticks me off. Oh right, don't expect to see one talk properly either.

I guess if they're staying off drugs and other stupid crap that's something worth respecting.

The fact that they can't talk without tilting their heads back a good 45 degrees or without that "dry" voice is the part that ticks me off. Oh right, don't expect to see one talk properly either.

I guess if they're staying off drugs and other stupid crap that's something worth respecting.

Sure, bro - their's is a genre people like you and I cannot truly relate to. The most annoying thing are their ball caps. ARGGGHHHHH! Fix the brim and put it squared away on your damned head! Staple those pants up to your waist! Stop taking your shirt off on public TV - I am not impressed!

But still, I applaud this generational-type for their willingness to at least find SOMETHING to do not associated with gangs, drugs and alcohol.

And I covet their ability, to be sure. These young adults have talent, and no one can deny that. No one here could accomplish a successful 90-foot drop on a slick ramp on a skateboard and pull stunts that allow a successful landing on the opposite side. It's truly a twist on the Evil Kenevil (sp?) dramatics that made us all 'ooooh' and 'ahhhh' in our day.

Let's giver credit where credit is do. I don't think either of us could do a back flip on a snowmobile.

Back