--
Boots

October 28th, 2005  
MightyMacbeth

Topic: yall are juniors juniors?

so! yeah..tell me bout ur life whould ye
October 29th, 2005  
bigcanada813

Well, Macbeth, what would ye like to know?
October 29th, 2005  
MightyMacbeth

everything! for the first step till now
--
Boots
October 29th, 2005  
bigcanada813

Well, for starters, I'm in Army ROTC, none of that junior stuff. The whole process was sort of like actually joining the Army. First you go through a bunch of paperwork, then you're assigned to a unit (I'm in 2nd squad, 1st platoon, of the Patriot Battalion). Then there is the equipment draw, which takes forever. The whole first month was drill and ceremony and navigation. We've just started on battle drills, with a FTX next weekend. We also have PT from 7-8 in the mornings on Mon, Wed, and Fri. Anything else you would like to know?
October 29th, 2005  
MightyMacbeth

yeah...do u think u need to get a real job?
October 29th, 2005  
bigcanada813

I have one on campus at our arena, but i'm doing this so i can get a commission once i finish up my degree (in 2-3 years.)
October 30th, 2005  
MightyMacbeth

so what are u gonna be
October 30th, 2005  
bigcanada813

when i graduate, i'll be a 2nd LT and then i pick the branch of the army that i want to go into.
October 31st, 2005  
AFSteliga

Well, I guess I could tell you about my story, eh.

Born, grew up, and joined the Navy as an Officer. I'm currently a First Year at the Royal Military College of Canada. Once I get out of RMC, I'll be commissioned as an Acting Sub-Lieutenant and from there I start my career as a Naval Officer.

Here at RMC, life is pretty routine. PT at 6:15, inspections every so often, etc...

Nothing too special.
October 31st, 2005  
bigcanada813

Sounds like the routine i go through, just different branch of the armed forces and different country. But if i hadn't moved down to the states i would probibly be in the canadian military.