--
Boots

April 2nd, 2004  
cryhavoc

Topic: X

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XX
April 2nd, 2004  
Jamoni

I think it's interesting that Iraqis consider Blackwater to be covert agents, because that's what we always assumed they were when I was in the service! They are mercenaries, of course. They are a private company hired to fulfill a specific military purpose, with a lower profile and fewer checks on their actions. If some of them happen to be CIA agents as well, well who would know? What happened wednesday bothers me, but what also bothers me is that blackwater has declared their desire to become an INTERNATIONAL "contractor". Special organizations like this seem to me to be an effort to circumvent normal rules and restrictions placed (for good reason) on regular troops.
April 2nd, 2004  
cryhavoc

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
--
Boots
April 2nd, 2004  
Mark Conley

Hmmm....well when you put it like that...a mercenary looking for a legitimate status, and a job that involves shooting back.

Still, im puzzled: if these guys are armed, and used to provide protection for contract workers in Iraq, how come none of them took any iraqis with them when they were ambushed? Did they get hit that quickly?

I mean, if they are ex soldiers...well, we are taught to read the signs..and walk away or get ready to rumble. Must not have been first line security guards.

April 2nd, 2004  
cryhavoc

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
April 2nd, 2004  
cryhavoc

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
April 2nd, 2004  
cryhavoc

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXX
April 2nd, 2004  
Redleg

What ambush are you talking about?
Haven't heard anything about that here in Norway.

(and CryHavoc, please don't reply to your own posts, just edit your first one, and add the new info. it makes it easier to read the threads. Thanks)
April 2nd, 2004  
cryhavoc

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XX
April 3rd, 2004  
RnderSafe

Cry, I'm just curious .. are you going to keep us up to date on all of your career moves? Or just the ones you shouldn't be plastering all over the internet in a public forum?

About Blackwater, these were professional men .. two of them very close friends of mine. Let's not critique their deaths. RIP lads.