WWII's Top Mistakes - Japan

--

February 18th, 2006  
Ashes

Topic: WWII's Top Mistakes - Japan

I might as well finish the top protagonists of WW2 .....
Japan.
Apart from virtually committing seppeku in attacking Pearl Harbour, what would be their other main mistakes?
February 18th, 2006  
Fox

Jap's mistake not to bomb oil field and submarine bay on Dec 7th, 1941. That's my opition. Pearl Harbor had submarines and Oil field but Japs must be missed them. But if the Yamotomo did send the 3rd waves to bomb more. Then US are in doomed.
February 18th, 2006  
boris116

1. Inability to coordinate their efforts with Germany. They were fighting separate wars
2.Inability to attract the conquered Asian nations to their cause
3. The Pacific War was a war of misunderstandings. The Americans didn't understand the Japanese and vise versa. The assumptions on both sides were completely wrong. However, the Americans were able to adjust much faster. The Japanese couldn't make the same adjustments until after the war
--
February 18th, 2006  
sandy

It is variously.
1;Disregard of replenishment
2;Disregard of search operation
3;Disregard of tank
4;Noncooperation of army and naval forces
5;Nondestructive of Panaman Canal
6;Lack of aircraft
7;bureaucracy
8;Diffusion of war potential
9;Disregard of submarine
10;Japan did not have enough national power to solute of all problems.
February 19th, 2006  
Fox

Japs's tanks are sucks that I've ever seen before. Sherman and 2.31 inches barzooka blew them easily.
February 21st, 2006  
Obvious

Biggest Mistake was Pearl Harbor, brought USA into the war. What were those Japs thinking?
February 22nd, 2006  
tomtom22

Topic: What he said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obvious
Biggest Mistake was Pearl Harbor, brought USA into the war. What were those Japs thinking?
What he said.
February 24th, 2006  
mmarsh

LET ME POSE A QUESTION, THE ANSWER IS WHAT I BELIEVE WAS JAPANS BIGGEST MISTAKE (Aside from pearl harbor)

The US Military had a major weakness during the Pacific War, What was it?
February 27th, 2006  
LeEnfield

Like Germany, Japan had built up their forces for years for a war and then thought they were unstoppable, which they were at first, until the Allies got organised. Also like Germany they honestly thought they could beat world. Now if they had stuck to China instead taking on every one else they might just have got away with it.
March 1st, 2006  
JulesLee

well i liked it.. freed the asian people under harsh japanese rule..