Wwiii

*clears throat*.."May God have mercy on our souls"-Book of Revelations.(last page, cant tell ya what verse, but its last statement in the Bible.) Thats the words i will repeat when WWIII starts. because when it does, thats it. Everyone will just push the button. Boom. one explosion, everyone gone. it may not happen as soon as the war starts, but it will. if its anything like the past world wars, then it will happen. Call me a doomsdayer, but i prefer realist. Cause thats real.

phoenix80 said:
Did you know that entire EU has only 4 C-5A Galaxy heavy lifters?

:santam16:

Other than a few élite special corps (some French, Italian, Hungarian and Polish ones as far as I know) and some good examples of paramilitary police, we have nothing. We have **** shit, right Bulldog? ;-)

Ted said:
Somebody got to keep his cool! Massive re-armament is a pre-requisite for starting WO III.... I reckon we prefer another, less volatile route.

Well, assuming the topic at hand is true, if the rest of the world is gearing up for WWIII, then a nation that is serious about its well-being should do the same. When the bombs start dropping, you don't want to be caught with your pants down.

As the old Latin saying goes, "If you want peace, you must prepare for war." I hope there isn't going to be a WWIII, but if there was, I'd want my country to be well prepared to win it.

Si vis pacem para bellum. I know it well! The trouble is that we only have a few well trained and operational units. Our Marines are okay, our submarines are excellent, commando's are re-learning the tricks of the trade, because they haven't seen combat since WWII and our air-cav is... doubtfull.
When the dice our down and we be squashed within days. There is no way that Holland could meet a massive threat, only specific tasks and special ops....
There is another proverb: if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen!

C/1Lt Henderson said:
Holland must team up with the United States! Together we shall be unstoppable!!!
mwahahahahahaha

We would make a splendid fighting machine! We'll be the submergive power and you'll own the skies and the plains!
Dutch are like lapdogs that lay basking in the sun... We almost never get mad, but when we do.... well I don't exactly know because I have never been that mad! Then again.. we have you :)

Ted said:
Si vis pacem para bellum. I know it well! The trouble is that we only have a few well trained and operational units. Our Marines are okay, our submarines are excellent, commando's are re-learning the tricks of the trade, because they haven't seen combat since WWII and our air-cav is... doubtfull.
When the dice our down and we be squashed within days. There is no way that Holland could meet a massive threat, only specific tasks and special ops....
There is another proverb: if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen!

I remember the Dutch were excellent at spec ops... I also recall that it was the Swedish that specialized in stealth technology.... As for your proverb, don't make the same mistake Belgium did in WWII; they thought they were neutral but Hitler didn't really care and took them out easily. If a war is coming, know who your allies and enemies are and expect the worst, but hope for the best.

ASTRALdragon said:
I remember the Dutch were excellent at spec ops... I also recall that it was the Swedish that specialized in stealth technology.... As for your proverb, don't make the same mistake Belgium did in WWII; they thought they were neutral but Hitler didn't really care and took them out easily. If a war is coming, know who your allies and enemies are and expect the worst, but hope for the best.

I am quite ashamed to tell you, but we were in the same predicament as the Belgians. We learned quick though and in the 3rd day we learned how to defend ourselves. But the Germans were in a hurry so bombed one of our biggest cities to shambles. We capitulated two days later... In short: we'll probably be unprepared and learn really fast.

phoenix80 said:
Did you know that entire EU has only 4 C-5A Galaxy heavy lifters?

:santam16:
No and until now I believed that the entire EU had only 0 C-5A Galaxy heavy lifters! We also don't have bombers, few aircraft carriers, and only "short" range ICBM. I'm not sure the UK or France have hydrogen and neutron bombs either.
Ted said:
Our Marines are okay, our submarines are excellent
What about the Dutch supermarines? Surely they gotta be kick-ass!:santam16:

Last edited:
ASTRALdragon said:
I also recall that it was the Swedish that specialized in stealth technology...
Really? I know the Swedes were among the first to break out a kickass stealth corvette, the Visby class, but have they made any other stealth vehicles?

Mohmar Deathstrike said:
Really? I know the Swedes were among the first to break out a kickass stealth corvette, the Visby class, but have they made any other stealth vehicles?

Hmm I'm not sure. I just remember reading a few journals on stealth and somehow anytime I think stealth, I think USA and Sweden...

Btw, I saw that corvette, freakin sweet.

I kinda see all the buildups right now as just a bunch of posturing at one another. I don't think it's likely to turn into anything major due to all of the risks at hand. China is to busy trying to convince the world that it's a really nice guy who stays out of everyones business, Iran is on the verge of another revolution so they likely aren't going to make a move but instead wait for the west. The US won't be making any more moves anytime soon because it's hands are tied with Iraq and Afghanistan and the Americans surely don't want to open another front. Plus if the Dems win the mid-term election then the Bush administration will be spending most of it's time answering to hearing after hearing. Britain will likely be the same and all the other european powers detest the mere idea of war. This is just my view on the situation, too much risk on starting anything else.

I agree with the above statement on the whole.
ASTRALdragon said:
Hmm I'm not sure. I just remember reading a few journals on stealth and somehow anytime I think stealth, I think USA and Sweden...

Btw, I saw that corvette, freakin sweet.
Makes sense. I don't know of many other stealth vehicles apart from ships and planes. Sure there are land vehicles that mask their IR signature, but they're not invisible to radar.

5.56X45mm said:
Damn when you said stealth corvette. I thought you meant the car.
Haha, it would be quite dangerous to have a car that's stealth in the visual spectrum :D. Would it matter if it was radar-stealthed, as long as you're not a total conspiracy-loon?

Back