WWIII

Jonny Reb

How long, assuming a build up via Poland from bases in Germany, an American army Blitz Krieg attack launched from the Baltic states would take to attack ( in the rear ) the Russian troops massed on the 'Ukranian ' border?

A long time because radioactive clouds are a bastard to drive through.

If the US has not attacked the miserable craphole that is North Korea given all the provocations it has enacted do you honestly think they are going to attack one of the largest nuclear armed countries on earth over a few hundred square miles of the Ukraine?

If you were Russia leader what would you do? Previous government in Ukraine was democratic. Why west fans in Ukraine didn't wait till next election? 30% of Ukrainians are Russian.
But now it is better for them to be two states, Ukrainians in west state and Russians in East. They are like a couple who cant live together anymore and shall be separated.
But there is something strange for me. Ukrainians, polishes and other east Europe states are Slav like Russians but why they always hate Russians?

Why they hate Russia

Russia has a long history of dominating it's neighbors "Ukraine, Chechnya, etc." in a very autocratic manner i.e. Czars, Communist. These concerns are deeply rooted.

Some of these Russia's were relocated in the Ukraine's Crimea region to replace the Tartars, who were killed - expelled by Stalin. The last thing the Ukraine's Ukrainians want to do is to be absorbed back into a greater Russia, that is their concern.

If you were Russia leader what would you do? Previous government in Ukraine was democratic. Why west fans in Ukraine didn't wait till next election? 30% of Ukrainians are Russian.
But now it is better for them to be two states, Ukrainians in west state and Russians in East. They are like a couple who cant live together anymore and shall be separated.
But there is something strange for me. Ukrainians, polishes and other east Europe states are Slav like Russians but why they always hate Russians?

I tend to believe that the west left Putin no choice but to take the Crimea and I doubt that any western nation would have done anything different if put in the same position so the whining over the Crimea is simply hypocrisy at its finest.

As for western Ukraine, the loss of the Crimea would have emboldened them into wanting out of the Ukraine and given that the "interim" Ukrainian government has little legitimacy and it would seem little support from its own armed forces break away rebublics were always highly likely.

If the east of UKraine indepeandant from UKraine, will it joint the Russia?

That is what east Ukraine is hoping for, they want to separate from the Ukraine and then approach Russia to unite.

Russia has rearmed and retrenched over the past 20 years, its posture entirely self defense - That is, the kind of war Russia is most prepared to fight is precisely the kind of US shortage, Russia capable of fighting it and win. The combined forces of Germany Poland, and the Baltics could not confront Russia either.

But I think ww3 is impossible, even the east Ukraine independant from UKraine. The army of Nato didn't prepare fight a big war with Russian.Don't forgot,many cities of west Europe are in the range of the cannon ,missiles and heavy bomber of Russia.

Sounds something like what was said around 1900, how did that work out?

Wait are you trying to claim that there was even the concept of Mutually Assured Destruction in 1900?

If so I find it incredibly odd that most nations at the outbreak of war in 1914 believed that it would follow traditional lines with combat reaching a stalemate and then peace breaking out.

I am almost convinced that had Germany known invading France in 1914 would have lead to its own guaranteed destruction they probably wouldn't have invaded.

Wait are you trying to claim that there was even the concept of Mutually Assured Destruction in 1900?

If so I find it incredibly odd that most nations at the outbreak of war in 1914 believed that it would follow traditional lines with combat reaching a stalemate and then peace breaking out.

I am almost convinced that had Germany known invading France in 1914 would have lead to its own guaranteed destruction they probably wouldn't have invaded.
Obviously MAD itself wasn't around, but "experts" thought a large war would have been too expensive to be possible. Not sure many Nations went to War back then expecting a stalemate, why bother starting something w/o expectation of winning?

Back