WWII Reenacting Pictures...

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
Anyone here do WWII Reenacting.

I do Soviet 197th Guard Regiment, 3rd Shock Army

243818338_l.jpg

And yes, I protray communist forces.....

Yes, you all can smack me.

NOT!

Just like how some folks do German, I do Soviet. All sides of the war need to be covered.

My unit's web site.

www.197thguard.com

That's awesome. I would love to reenact parts of World War 2. I think it would be so much freakin fun. :D :rambo:

197th Guard

Hi, you say you are in the 197th Guard Reenactment and I wanted to join but I do not know if unit is still up since website does not work and no one responds to email.

Hi, you say you are in the 197th Guard Reenactment and I wanted to join but I do not know if unit is still up since website does not work and no one responds to email.

I would recommend sending 5.56 a Private Message as that will send an email which gives you a far greater chance of a reply.

I do WWII re enactments as the 250 ski company division Azul. Or, the spanish blue division. I actually just did a tactical battle 2 weeks ago lol.

I do WWII re enactments as the 250 ski company division Azul. Or, the spanish blue division. I actually just did a tactical battle 2 weeks ago lol.

So Brinktk you changed sides ha ha (even though the Spanish division fought in the USSR

I already told you before this "N" word is unacceptable. Use black or African-American. I don't like his policies but still respect the office he holds.

I told him the same in Swedish, but it didn't help. We will see if his vacation has an effect.

I already told you before this "N" word is unacceptable. Use black or African-American. I don't like his policies but still respect the office he holds.

Like presidents before President Obama, I too didn't like some of their policies. BUT... I STILL respected the office they held.
They were president!

Back to the original topic....

I tried getting into WW2 reenactment/living history, but one unit I was looking at joining had a problem with me being fat and the other (Soviet) said you had to be fluent in Russian.

So right now I'm just doing a living history thing of a civilian in modern times.

I tried getting into WW2 reenactment/living history, but one unit I was looking at joining had a problem with me being fat and the other (Soviet) said you had to be fluent in Russian.

So right now I'm just doing a living history thing of a civilian in modern times.
Fat is of questionable authenticity for WWII. It is for Civil War re-enacting also but is generally overlooked. Might look in that direction, unless you want to learn Russian...

This is highly unusual and the units that considered you too "fat" were probably stitch nazi's who likly actually thought they were/are soldiers from that era. Look around and you'll find plenty of other units who aren't so strict and they usually have quite a good time in the process.

If anything, check us out at http://www.250skicompany.webs.com . I'm the co-founder of the unit and we have a couple of loaner impressions ready to go until you get on your feet. Most of us are prior service (as long as you can put up with a few Marines) and we get along just fine.

Actually that's a country in Africa.......

If you follow his post you would know he doesn't use the term to mean Niger the African nation. He's using it as a slang version of nig*er. I've lived in the inner city and many don't bother with the 2nd n when using it to degrade a black man.

A re-enactment with out an enemy is a "living history", not a re-enactment.

It was supposed to be humor that brinktk was representing forces that fought for Nazi Germany. I never mentioned anything about the nature of the re-enactments or living histories.

So Brinktk you changed sides ha ha (even though the Spanish division fought in the USSR

It's a funny story actually... We were originally part of the 11th SS Nordland unit. We found ourselves at many tactical battles and none of us spoke German or any of the Scandinavian languages. We didn't want to give commands in English or our US/Brit adversaries would hear us...so we started to use Spanish since most of us spoke passable Spanish! Then we got curious and started to research Spanish speaking units of WWII and whammy...the Blue division popped up and it has been our signature ever since.

We really like it because the Spaniards very loosely interpreted the uniform standards for their uniforms and it drove the Germans crazy! It drives those "stitch nazis" crazy as well! They were also one of the few "axis" units that fought in Russia that had zero records of war crimes. They were respected so much by the Russians that they allowed their (the Spanish) cemeteries to remain in Russia where they are still maintained to this day.

Pankovka%20Memorial3.JPG

http://250skicompany.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=138788083

We have actually been in correspondence with family members of Blue division members as well as the Spanish military and they all vouch for the authenticity of our impression!

Also, if you're getting into WWII re-enacting it's is just cheaper to start as the Germans...eventually I'll do a US impression of just a regular old 3rd ID or 1st ID grunt. Seems most allied impressions of Americans are 101st, 82nd or Rangers. (nobody wants to be a leg I suppose) I'll stick to those leg divisions (I also happened to have served in combat with both those divisions as well) since they were arguably the best regular Army divisions of the war...or today even lol.

Until then, I'll stick with this:

BOB%20%28113%29.jpg

Me on the right at Jefferson Barracks back in 2010...the biggest public display battle in the country!

100_5604.JPG

Last edited:
Back