WWII Reenacting Pictures...

The re-enactment seems to be popular in the US. Are you doing the re-enactments of other wars than the Second World War? I have seen a little re-enactments of the American Civil War, are you doing the re-enactments of the war of independence and the Korean war too?

I don't know if re-enactments are popular in Europe. I can imagine people react negatively if they see people wearing a German uniform from the time of the Second World War.

The use airsoft guns and some sort of war games are quite popular, but they aren't re-enactments as far as I know. I don't participate in these things.

The re-enactment seems to be popular in the US. Are you doing the re-enactments of other wars than the Second World War? I have seen a little re-enactments of the American Civil War, are you doing the re-enactments of the war of independence and the Korean war too?

I don't know if re-enactments are popular in Europe. I can imagine people react negatively if they see people wearing a German uniform from the time of the Second World War.

The use airsoft guns and some sort of war games are quite popular, but they aren't re-enactments as far as I know. I don't participate in these things.

There are tons of eras that are covered in the living history arena. I would say that civil war Re-enactments are probably the most popular followed closely by WWII. There are, in fact, almost all US war periods covered to include a fledgling Iraqi Freedom scene.

We certainly get funny looks when people see us wearing our gear, that's why we only put it on when we are at the location of the re-enactment. Even if people do ask outside of the location, it gives an opportunity to talk about what we do and it generally leads to quite a lot of questions being asked which allows us to dispel many misconceptions about the war in general. We always point out that most German soldiers were simply doing their duty as they saw fit, no more different than a US GI doing the same. We have honestly never had any problems.

So Brinktk you changed sides ha ha (even though the Spanish division fought in the USSR
Does he even have his green card?
Just curious. :whip:

I do WWII re enactments as the 250 ski company division Azul. Or, the spanish blue division. I actually just did a tactical battle 2 weeks ago lol.

We don't have any re-enactment groups here and you're easily a day or more drive...one way. I'm in Columbia Utah.

Besides, I could take advantage of my weight issue- "I vant to be a gen'er'al!" :santam16:

Last edited:
BTW. any links to good places to get uniforms (unsure what country right now)
As a generic comment...I'd recommend joining a unit before buying uniforms. They tend to be expensive & it sucks to find out you bought ones that don't work with the unit's impression.

C.W. is the biggest type. American Revolution (RevWar) events happen mainly in New England. In '98 there were a few Span-Am War re-enactments. While not military, there's quite a few into Rondeviouer (sp?) (Mountain Man) events. Have run into only 1 guy doing WWII.

Back