WWII Quiz

Seeing that there is not question on this section lets try again with another one.

It is not well known that there were a number of Royal Navy Carriers that served in the Pacific during WW2 with the American Fleet. Most of these carriers were hit on the deck by Kamikaze planes, what happened next.

the brits did have steel decks that allowed them to clear the wreckage off after the fire was out, but the heat would cause damage to the steel deck and it's support that most of the british world war two carriers did not serve as long as their american counterparts.

bigcanada 813, British Carriers served all over the place from the Pacific, the Indian Ocean and they also launched attacks from the Sea of Japan against Japan. Not to mention all the Oceans in the world, so how do you reckon they did not serve as long as there American counterparts

LeEnfield The British Pacific fleet was formed in 1944, counting six Illustrious class ships. Each vessel was attacked at one point or another by the Kamikaze pilots, but due to their armour and design allowed them to recover and return to operations within a matter of hours.

Those carriers which had served Britain through the war the Victorious only saw significant post war service.

Sorry its taken so long for my question

Ok its a two part question two quotes who said them?
1. "Europe, in her insanity, has started something almost unbelievable"
and
2. "the war that will end war"

Answers on a post card please lol :rambo:

Re: Sorry its taken so long for my question

This is bad having to quote myself lol
But here is the question(s)

zyonchaos said:
Ok its a two part question two quotes who said them?
1. "Europe, in her insanity, has started something almost unbelievable"
and
2. "the war that will end war"

Answers on a post card please lol :rambo:

Well number one is Albert Einstein and the second is probably orginated to HG Wells and his book "The War That Will End War" (1914).

Who said this: Chamberlain seemed such a nice old gentleman that I thought I would give him my autograph.

Back