WWII Quiz

Got it! Old Spanish Cruiser captured during the Span-Am War and used as a school ship at Annapolis. Captain's family authorized to live aboard.

Phew, I was starting to run out of ships, as it was I had to consult a book on unique ships of the world's navies.
:)

OK, To the best of my knowledge, what was the last " class" & "ship type" designed with intentional ramming as a design feature. Format answer would be like the "Pink Panther" class of "Patrol hydrofoils".

What is called a "Senior Moment" , it's right there but you can't quite grasp it.
Hehe ain't that the truth, the class of ship I was thinking about were quite small corvette/frigate sized but there is an argument to say that HMS Warspite had a ram bow and as I recall two WW1 American battleships had them as well.

I meant disregard the Battleships...
As far as I can tell the last "Western" ram ships were the USS Katahdin a pure ramship and the HMS Polyphemus which was a torpedo ramship but neither of those made it to WW2, then you have the likes of the Italian MT boats that were designed to ram a ship and explode and they served through WW2.

As far as I can tell the last "Western" ram ships were the USS Katahdin a pure ramship and the HMS Polyphemus which was a torpedo ramship but neither of those made it to WW2, then you have the likes of the Italian MT boats that were designed to ram a ship and explode and they served through WW2.
I didn't mean only weapon, but that intentional ramming was specifically included when they designed the ship(s). Also not including Explosive Motor Boats (Shinyo, Italian, German).

clarification. The class had a bluff bow, not a ram bow, but designed for ramming w/o damaging the bow.
This question has annoyed me for a long time as I have run into the answer several times but forgotten it by the time I remember the question.

Back