WWII Quiz - Page 220




 
--
 
May 30th, 2018  
George
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
This one leads me to believe it is more a shore installation than an actual serving ship.
A commissioned warship at a shore installation.
May 30th, 2018  
MontyB
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by George
A commissioned warship at a shore installation.

That is what I meant, something along the lines of HMS Victory or USS Constitution.
May 30th, 2018  
George
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
That is what I meant, something along the lines of HMS Victory or USS Constitution.
Well, sorta like that, but not technically a museum ship.
--
August 24th, 2018  
BritinAfrica
 
 
As this seems to have died a death, here's a new question to kick start the thread.

What airborne operation was legal during WW2 is now illegal under the latest rules of war?
August 28th, 2018  
MontyB
 
 
Probably all of them given todays politics but I will start with operation oak.
August 29th, 2018  
BritinAfrica
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
Probably all of them given todays politics but I will start with operation oak.
The answer I was looking for is operation Chastise, the dam busters raid on German Dams would be illegal under todays rules of war.
August 29th, 2018  
George
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by George
Well, sorta like that, but not technically a museum ship.
ship at a school

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
The answer I was looking for is Operation Chastise, the dam busters raid on German Dams would be illegal under todays rules of war.
Well, that's a shame.
August 30th, 2018  
MontyB
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by George
ship at a school.
I was thinking along the lines of USS Wolverine or Sable.
August 30th, 2018  
George
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
I was thinking along the lines of USS Wolverine or Sable.
Training Carriers, but, nope! Vintage ship, but not Constitution or Constellation.
August 30th, 2018  
MontyB
 
 
There was the USS Reina Mercedes which acted as a barracks in the early 1940s.