WWII Quiz - Page 209




 
--
 
May 30th, 2013  
Hawkeye
 
The only one I can think of is the Catalina.
May 30th, 2013  
BritinAfrica
 
 
It was the Armstrong Whitworth Albemarle.
May 30th, 2013  
Hawkeye
 
Well yes, the frame was made ​​of steel but the structure was plywood.
Let's have a new question
--
May 31st, 2013  
MontyB
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
Well yes, the frame was made ​​of steel but the structure was plywood.
Let's have a new question
Ok well I will go with something simple what was the other name for Operation Fall Blau (Case Blue).

May 31st, 2013  
BritinAfrica
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
Well yes, the frame was made ​​of steel but the structure was plywood.
Let's have a new question
Steel instead of aluminium formed the frame or structure of the aeroplane with plywood as the skin. The Vickers Wellington had a Geodesic frame with fabric the being skin of the airframe.
May 31st, 2013  
Hawkeye
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
Ok well I will go with something simple what was the other name for Operation Fall Blau (Case Blue).

Operation Braunschweig
May 31st, 2013  
MontyB
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
Operation Braunschweig
Indeed, your turn.
June 1st, 2013  
Hawkeye
 


Identify this aircraft.
Name and Mark no.

Look closely, it may not be what you think it is.
June 1st, 2013  
MontyB
 
 
I was leaning toward a Spitfire Mark XIV but some things just don't quite line up for me as the angle of the picture is deceptive.

Unfortunately I know bugger all about aircraft.
June 2nd, 2013  
BritinAfrica
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
I was leaning toward a Spitfire Mark XIV but some things just don't quite line up for me as the angle of the picture is deceptive.

Unfortunately I know bugger all about aircraft.
It looks like a 3 bladed prop and the wing doesn't look like the clipped Spitfire wing, neither does the rudder look like its off a Spit.