WWII Quiz

Sorry guys been under the weather.

During the Battle of Britain the British war cabinet decided to send reinforcements to the middle east. The threat of invasion was great and Britain decided to gamble and send much need equipment for UK defence to the middle east. What was sent on this convoy to the middle east?

A clue is the answer is not just tanks.

Last edited:
Middle East command included both Egypt and Palestine. The weapons were not for use in Palestine, but for offensive operations in the middle east.

That was a bit of a fishing expedition on my part. I was wondering if you are referring to the convoys that were reinforcing Egypt against Rommel, or for offensive action from Palestine into Syria against the Vichy French.

Or are you talking about the P-40 Kittyhawks that the Brits sent around that time?

Dean.

Last edited:
The convoy carried equipment primarily for use in Egypt, I think some may have been used eleswhere in Ethopia and Somaliland. But it was only land in the middle east in one place.

The question is what was on the convoy

The convoy in question was in 1940, well before Rommel. There were no planes in the convoy. The equipment was for the army, and was used in O'Connors offensive. The convoy arrived on 5 September 1940.

Last edited:
The convoy carried 150 tanks, 100 artillery pieces and nearly 1,000 machineguns and anti-tank guns. General O'Connor then used them to smash an Italian army 5 times larger than his. Quite a feat.

Dean.

Dean said:
The convoy carried 150 tanks, 100 artillery pieces and nearly 1,000 machineguns and anti-tank guns. General O'Connor then used them to smash an Italian army 5 times larger than his. Quite a feat.

Dean.

Sorry not the answer I was looking for. You are on the right lines, but numbers are slightly out. Specifically what type of equipment? Type of gun? Type of tank? Light, cruiser, infantry is ok in answer.

a bunch of men carrying supplies 8)

and u can always google it if you want it to be specific, here, my job is to answer brief ;-)

hahaaa..ok, my turn now..

so, here goes:

which admiral died in 1943 by bieng shot down while he was on a trip to check out some troops on some island?
And mention the islands name :)

easy peasy

Back