WWII Quiz

I would bet that he is talking about Milne Bay in august 1942 by Australian forces but it could be argued that it was actually at Khalkhyn Gol Mongolia in 1938 by the Russians but I guess it depends on when you think WW2 started.

I would bet that he is talking about Milne Bay in august 1942 by Australian forces but it could be argued that it was actually at Khalkhyn Gol Mongolia in 1938 by the Russians but I guess it depends on when you think WW2 started.
Pretty much what I was thinking.

Which very popular actor, Brit Officer, commando and Intel. Officer contacted another actor to act as Field Marshall Montgomery’s double (he was also credited with being one of the first men ashore, with the 1 ID, at Normandy).

Bonus points if you can name the Field Marshalls stand in.

Which very popular actor, Brit Officer, commando and Intel. Officer contacted another actor to act as Field Marshall Montgomery’s double (he was also credited with being one of the first men ashore, with the 1 ID, at Normandy).

David Niven.

Bonus points if you can name the Field Marshalls stand in.

M. E. Clifton James, a lieutenant stationed in Leicester with the Royal Army Pay Corps.

The British Purchasing Committee bought aircraft from the US as did Finland, the Netherlands, China and France that I recall off the top of my head. Great Britain, and other countries, also received Lend Lease weapons.

The British Purchasing Committee bought aircraft from the US as did Finland, the Netherlands, China and France that I recall off the top of my head. Great Britain, and other countries, also received Lend Lease weapons.
The purchase request was turned down. Feb '40.

Back