WWII Equipment collected through the years in europe

JamesK

Most of this equipment was bought at antique shows in the country sides of Belgium and Normandy. I tried to show it in the collectors section to see what anyone thought of it but no one seemed to want to voice their opinion. So maybe I can get one here.

This is the german helmet.
CIMG0094.jpg

German helmet liner.
CIMG0096.jpg

US Army Helmet. Netting was added for effect. Not original, although I do have original netting that was worn by a member of the 101st. My dad knows this because he gave it to him.
CIMG0097.jpg

US helmet liner inside.
CIMG0098.jpg

US helmet liner outside.
CIMG0099.jpg

US military canteen. Stamped US on front. A.P.Co. 1942 on bottom. True historians will know something about the cap being metal.
CIMG0101.jpg

Webgear - Belt is a remake, ammo bandoliers are original, suspenders are original and are stamped with the numbers 7682 on the outer shoulder. Theres a few other stamps but some im not able to read. Medical kit reads, H.S.BW Shoe Co. 1942 on back. Oh yeah by the way, you like my flowery sheets? My dog knocked a beer off my dresser on my old ones haha.

CIMG0103.jpg

Holster. Web belt is not original (Came from the belgian army)

CIMG0104.jpg

I often wish I had lived in a country that had the depth of history to be able to pick up such objects routinely, I managed to secure a few items family members had "acquired" while in the European theater.

Congrats on a nice collection all of which look in good condition.

Some good stuff there James. :) Have any medals, firearms etc?

I have my grandfather's campaign ribbons, purple heart, and insignias if you want I can show you some pics. I also have some Belgian medal my dad's friend gave him that I need identified.

My grandfather's campaign ribbons.

CIMG0115.jpg

Insignias worn by my dads Uncle Kluk and his father. 4 of the US being my Grandfathers other 2 Kluks. The LT bars are gold but have just been worn off over time. The infantry insignia(Crossed muskets) my dads uncle Kluk. The CIB and dogtags Kluks as well.

CIMG0109.jpg

Grandfather's purple heart.

CIMG0112.jpg

CIMG0113.jpg

Belgian medal I have yet been able to identify. I would like an idea of its worth to a collector.

CIMG0114.jpg

Much respect to your grandfather - in what campaign did he win the Purple Heart?

I have no idea regarding the Belgian medal I'm afraid.

I also have what my father told me is a british army motorcyclist helmet from then. He says its very similar to british paratrooper helmet.

I often wish I had lived in a country that had the depth of history to be able to pick up such objects routinely, I managed to secure a few items family members had "acquired" while in the European theater.

Congrats on a nice collection all of which look in good condition.

Nay Monty, you just be glad that your country has avoided that "depth of history", it usually had a certain cost...

Back