WWII American Airborne Units

776thamtrac

I'd like to find some people to talk about WWII Airborne units and collecting with. If you're interested drop me a line!

What about them 776th? You mean chatting about them in this forum. But anyway I enjoying sharing info about about anything to deal with WW2. ;)

I'm interested in talking anything WWII really. Right now though US Airborne units have my attention. I'm always up for learning something new though. Thank you everyone for the kind welcome!

I would find some people who serve in 101st airborne 506th reigment easy company they were band of brother they serve in company of hero those guys been together since they was put together in tocco,GA in 1942.

there famous word "CURRAHEE" (We stand alone together)

well,the 101st airbourne sure did something at St.mere eglise and bastogne,alltogether i think they fought the hardest battles in the war!!

I', sure that you guys have seen or read Band of Brothers, well i would just like to say that anyone in the airborne is nuts, and some of the bravest people in the world, i want to be a marine the airborne are one of the bravest groups of people and i would join them but im not nuts about jumping or of a perfetly good plane :shock: it just doesnt make sense to me, but i give you guys all the credit in the world.

i would just like to say that anyone in the airborne is nuts

Uummm.

and some of the bravest people in the world

That saved ya.

i want to be a marine

I trained with Marines in the 1/507th Parainfantry, they can become Airborne.

im not nuts about jumping or of a perfetly good plane

Well, let me tell you, those plane are not perfectly good airplanes, and I've always been rather relieved once I got out of a C130 cause I was always afraid the engine would fall off if the duct tape tore away.

8th Infantry Airborne
Post WW II Germany

11th Airborne
Worn from:
18 December 1942 - 1 July 1958.

13th Airborne
Worn from:
2 June 1943 - 25 February 1946.

17th Airborne Division
Worn from:
3 February 1943 - 10 June 1949.

82nd Airborne
Worn from:
21 October 1918 (With tab "Airborne" 31 August 1942) - Current.

101st Airborne
Worn from:
15 August 1942 (With tab 28 August 1942) - Current.

GHOST ARMY AIRBORNE UNITS

6th Airborne Division
Date approved:
3 August 1944.

9th Airborne Division
Date approved:
3 August 1944

18th Airborne Division
Date approved:
5 July 1944.

21st Airborne Division
Date approved: