WW2 tribute song

diplomatic_means

I'll try to make this reappearance quick and painless. I was needing input on what you all think would be the best song to memorialize WW2. Those of you familiar with Grouchy media, I am hoping to make a video to tribute WW2 vets. I have the pictures, but can't for the life of me think of a good song. Also if you are going to suggest a song you might want to also put a link on the internet where I can listen to it or download the song. Thanks.

Forgot to mention that suggestions for hardcore, metalcore, hip hop, rap, and punk will not be taken seriously. All other genres are fair game for the most part.

diplomatic_means said:
Forgot to mention that suggestions for hardcore, metalcore, hip hop, rap, and punk will not be taken seriously. All other genres are fair game for the most part.

So death metal would be ok? Just kidding... ;)

Why don't you just take songs that were famous during WWII especially military songs like 'It's a long to tipperary', 'anchors aweigh' etc.

I want the song to be all inclusive, all theaters and all branches. It doesn't have to be military specific just the lyrics sound appropriate.

Hi, I was reading the last post you put on how it didn't have to be military specific, and I thought about your post all night. It came to me this morning, have you ever seen the movie A League Of Their Own, about the all women's baseball team durning WW2. They had a league team song that one of the girls wrote. I don't know how you would find it, maybe the movie has a soundtrack on cd. Anyway if you haven't seen it here's the words to that song.
We're the members of the All American League
We come from cities near and far.
We've got Candanian's, Irish ones and Sweed's,
We're all for one, and one for all,
We're All American.

I had two other songs in mind, I can't remeber the second song I liked after the A League Of Their Own song, I was half asleep after all. If it comes to me, I'll come back and post it. The other song I thought of was Toby Keith's American Soldier, you can never go wrong with that. But it's almost too specific that war affect everyone not just American's so that may not be a good choice, but if you want to hear it check out the home page of my website at www.supportusheroes.com it has a lot of other music on i too, if you want the specific pages that have music so you don't miss any just drop me a PM. Thanks, hope that helps, my grandfather is a WW2 vet and we need to do everything we can to honor them, they aren't going to be with us forever.

Bootboy82 said:
diplomatic_means said:

So death metal would be ok? Just kidding... ;)

Why don't you just take songs that were famous during WWII especially military songs like 'It's a long to tipperary', 'anchors aweigh' etc.
i'm a great fan of death metal, you not?

Back