WW2 Indian War Cemetery in Italy, dedicated to Swordfish

Italian Guy

Milforum Hitman
We have an Indian War Cemetery in my town. The remains of hundreds and thousands of brave Indian sailors, soldiers and airmen who died during the Liberation of my country and whose sacrifice shall eternally be honored.
The cemetery is divided into three parts, one for each branch.
I know Swordfish will like the pictures I took yesterday.
Here they are:

indianwarcemetery4go.jpg

fallensoldiers9td.jpg

These ones above are the Airforce (on the background) and part of the Army sections.

Above: Part of Army and the Navy.

thefieldwiththepath7ic.jpg

thechapel0un.jpg

dedicatedtothosewhodied4qw.jpg

thewallandthegraves8xh.jpg

thewall22gl.jpg

thewall5cc.jpg

To think these hundreds or thousands of young men came from so far away and gave their lives in liberating my country leaves me speechless.

Last edited:
IG......The Indian raised the largest volunteer army in the world and fought with great courage in all areas of the War. The graves are organised and maintained by the Commonwealth Graves Organisation and you can through their web site trace any one that died in both World Wars. I have traced dozens of people through this site and it will tell you where and when they died and their exact location of their grave.

Everything is so green and Texas is so brown, beautiful place for heroes to rest. I think the crossed khukris are a good touch. Brave men all.:salute2:

Nice pics, may they rest in peace.

"Their Name Liveth For Evermore." No disrespect intended, but is that proper?

Ronin....The inscription "There Name Liveth For Ever More" is often used on many British Commonwealth Memorials it just means that they wont be forgotten.

Back