WW2 Document - North Africa - Eisenhower - Authenicate?

leewai

New member. I have a paper document that I found in my Dad's collection of WW2 items he gathered while overseas. He was RCE & served in the Mediterranian, etc. The paper is similar to newsprint & measures about 8" x 5 1/2" and is folded in half making a pamphlet 4 x 5 1/2. The cover reads "A Personal Message from General Dwight D. Eisenhower - November 8, 1943". Inside and on the back page is a message regarding the one year anniversary of US troops entering North Africa. The first page is addressed to Cunningham, Alexander and Tedder. The remaining 2 pages are intended for the troops.
I know this is authentic by the fact that it has been in Dad's collection box since at least 1945 which is when we all arrived back in Canada. I have been searching the web for some time and have found very little reference to it. I did find that there is a copy archived in an Eisenhower museum collection in Texas.
Hopefully, someone viewing this forum will be able to recognize this and explain why it is so hard to find.
Lee - Thanks

Back