ww1 British / American Brodie Helmet

antique harry

Hello Out There

I'm a new member and am looking for advice from you experts out there on what to you will probably appear quite trivial but is baffling to me a newcomer to serious collecting.

I have what appears to be a British WW1 Brodie - split pins etc - but it has an original liner stamped A J Bates etc . Cant read any id letters/numbers. Would this be an early 1917 import to USA of British manufactured Brodie that was fitted with a US manufactured liner or did we British at any time import Bates liners ?

Your advice / knowledge on the subject would be appreciated.

Cheers

Harry

Hello Out There

I'm a new member and am looking for advice from you experts out there on what to you will probably appear quite trivial but is baffling to me a newcomer to serious collecting.

I have what appears to be a British WW1 Brodie - split pins etc - but it has an original liner stamped A J Bates etc . Cant read any id letters/numbers. Would this be an early 1917 import to USA of British manufactured Brodie that was fitted with a US manufactured liner or did we British at any time import Bates liners ?

Your advice / knowledge on the subject would be appreciated.

Cheers

Harry

Sounds like a Steel Helmet, Mark I I am assuming it has a rim?

Since it has split pins it does not sound like a M1917 as that would look like this...
post-270-1251231674_zps592b8279.jpg

Hello Harry,

this helmet looks in perfect condition for a centennial helmet. I hope this is not a copy or a fake. Some are very nice thing now and more with the centenary of WW1 ....

otherwise welcome

Back