not good 5 16.67%
stone-age 9 30.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

--

December 13th, 2004  
PLAbuddy

Topic: wut do u think of canadian army

canada is a pretty strange country.. a proud coutnry with a small army

i am living in canada now and i 'd like to see wut ppl's opiion on Canadian army
December 13th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

It's quality is great but it's size isn't. Course, Canada doesn't really need a large force- afterall, it's only tokin for the UN.
December 13th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Well, considering what it has to do(nothing) its OK, but I dout it would fare well against any other western army.
--
December 13th, 2004  
Italian Guy

I'm not an expert, but as far as I know Canada fares pretty well on humanitarian interventions, but its military constantly complains about its tiny size and pretty old equipment.

http://www.canada.com/search/story.h...e-7fa6e40fd9ab
December 14th, 2004  
MadeInChina

haha, ya true, forest camo was used in afghanstan, tahts how badly the logistics are
December 14th, 2004  
Zyca

I lived in Canada from 1992 to 1993, I remember the population was not much more than the population of Taiwan. So maybe for the population, their military is enough. Besides, they don't really have any enemy. The US, Canada's only neighbor, is highly unlikely to carry out an invasion. I guess they never felt the need to have a strong military force.
December 14th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Right, that's their cowardy/hypocrisy, in my view.
Everybody here knows that I love Canada, I have lived there and had friends and a chick, so you know I don't mean to offend anyone.
I speak rough at times, just like when I call Europe coward.
But what I mean is that Canadians don't think they need a stronger army only because they're exploiting the US bases and coverage.
That's a bit hypocritical.
December 14th, 2004  
Trevor

We have some of the best trained pilots and soldiers in the world. The only problem is equipment, which is improving. The aging Sea King is finally being replaced with the Sikorsky CH-148 Cyclone http://www.airforce.forces.gc.ca/equ...48/intro_e.asp. Not, to mention, some brilliant inventions such as CADPAT. The Canadian army primarily focuses on Peacekeeping missions (Kosovo, Afghanistan, Cypress, Democratic Republic of the Congo), as well as humanitarian aid.
December 14th, 2004  
EagleZtrike

Small however well equipped army. No need for a big one they are peace keepers.
December 14th, 2004  
Trevor

We have more cadets than reg force personell.