WTF is going on in England?

--

June 22nd, 2005  
bulldogg

Topic: WTF is going on in England?

Quote:
As the ceremony drew to a close the Prince (Henry), who was recently allowed to temporarily ditch his heavy black army boots because of blisters, marched in perfect step as the recruits paraded around the square.
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...375609,00.html

Please lads say it ain't so.
June 22nd, 2005  
Tvoi-Vrag

I thought he would be treated the same.
June 22nd, 2005  
ghost457

yeah, that would make sense, if i was there, i would be seriously P.O.'d man, hes in the army, not the girl scouts
--
June 22nd, 2005  
ozmilman

Pfft, he's not a soldier, he's a pansy. I'd love to have a bout of the old fisticuffs with him. I'd knock him senseless...

Don't get me wrong, i love the monarchy and Prince William is pretty cool - but Harry's a spoilt little nancy boy. I love walking in shoes with blisters, it makes you all the tougher.

Rich.
June 22nd, 2005  
Shadowalker

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4612613.stm

He is treated the same, he was let off wearing the boots for medical reasons not because he is a royal.
June 22nd, 2005  
bulldogg

Were the blisters that bad? I can't access BBC stuff on the net mate they say bad things about me host country hence they block the damn thing. I know the US is having problems with lowering standards, is the UK in the same boat?
June 22nd, 2005  
Shadowalker

No apparantly the blisters were among the worst in that training group and the doctors let him wear trainers. Now they've healed/ bit better hes back to wearing boots.
June 22nd, 2005  
AlexKall

Our prince had no benefits. He got to do what ever the other conscripts had to do.

As of the above answer, i guess it was a good call as it can be some serious problems if they arnt treated.
June 22nd, 2005  
Tvoi-Vrag

I think you should not use bbc as a source on this they have a bias.
June 22nd, 2005  
Shadowalker

The bbc is as good a source as any, it was also reported in newspapers and itv news and Channel 4 news.