Wounded Iraq Vet Prepares to die. Saying he's 'Ready to Go'

Sara

Shepherdess
This is a very brave, sad and true story which I would hope everyone would read. He has many opinions about the healthcare system, the war and his fellow brothers in war who were there, and still are there for him. A wife who married him after being injured and has been by his side everyday and a mother who despite not wanting to let him go, knows this is his choice and the story will explain why.

http://news.yahoo.com/wounded-iraq-vet-prepares-die-122209007.html

quotes:

"This is what happens when a country sends their sons and daughters to war," Cuellar said. "Broken bodies come back and bodies deteriorate over time just like a diseased body and just like an aging body and this is the reality. I'm sorry if it doesn't fit your profile of somebody who is 90 years old and about to die going to hospice."

In order to be accepted in a hospice, Young must be "terminally" ill, which he technically is not. They were able to be accepted when he was ruled to have an "inability to thrive." He now has in-home hospice care from Crossroads Hospice.
"I want our government to try every possible outlet with the country before invading it, before going to war," Young said.
Young added that if the United States does go to war then "all boxes must be checked."
"Make sure that the soldiers, marines, and sailors have the best body armor, the best armor around their vehicles," Young said before Cuellar added, "And having a healthcare system that will take of you when they get back. I mean, they just can't be abandoned when they sacrifice for their country."

Last edited:
Back