Would you support her or not? - Page 4

View Poll Results :You on the other hand, would you:
A) stay with her as you do actually like her and the baby is both your responsibility. 13 50.00%
B) Stay with her only for the baby. 0 0%
C) tell her to abort as you don't want a child. 5 19.23%
D) Tell her your standby on what ever she wants. 8 30.77%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

February 9th, 2005  
Anya1982

Topic: i dunno

I could not grow attached to the baby in me then give birth and not see it again. I know sounds horride but I'd rather abort than give up for adoption!

But then again like I said before it depends on what situation is at play at the time!

I mean think of it like this, your carrying something for 9 months and knowing some other family is going to have that baby you so desperately tried not to get attached to, it would make me so sick by end of pregancy!
February 10th, 2005  
godofthunder9010

Topic: Re: i dunno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anya1982
I could not grow attached to the baby in me then give birth and not see it again. I know sounds horride but I'd rather abort than give up for adoption!

But then again like I said before it depends on what situation is at play at the time!

I mean think of it like this, your carrying something for 9 months and knowing some other family is going to have that baby you so desperately tried not to get attached to, it would make me so sick by end of pregancy!
Who said the adoptive parents are not going to let the biological mother be involved in the child's life? I personally feel that she ought to have as much of a role as she wants, but limited to not having the full rights of parentage.
February 10th, 2005  
EuroSpike

Topic: Re: Would you support her or not?

Quote:
This is a question to see how a man would react:

A girl you have been seeing for a few weeks tells you she is pregnant. Also that she wants abortion as she can't financal support her or the baby.

You on the other hand, would you:

A) stay with her as you do actually like her and the baby is both your responsibility.

B)Stay with her only for the baby.

C) tell her to abort as you don't want a child.

D) Tell her your standby on what ever she wants.
You forgot option: E) Dissappear, like in magic tricks.
--
Boots
February 11th, 2005  
Anya1982

Topic: ll

most adoptions in UK you are not allowed contact with the child unless said so and chances of that are little these days. If I was to have a baby it would be for me to love and raise not some one else. Mind you people have different views all together.

And the ooption E to do a bunk...........if your military and the bird is switched on CSA is always an git to clamp on the guy and advice, come to an arrangement before she clamps you as CSA being enforced will cost more if you don't give.
February 13th, 2005  
pimp_squeak

I'd go with the last one for sure. I'm always a sucker for someone I love though.....
February 13th, 2005  
Sea_Cadet

I would stay with her, but if I had only been with her a few weeks we wouldn't have had sex, because I take things slowly and smoothly, so it wouldn't be mine, nor would I want the child.
February 13th, 2005  
Vitaly

I think that I couldn't abort my own kid. Or give up the kid for adoption. So my choice is A. The thing is if it isn't my kid. I don't want to raise someone else's child as long as I am still capable of having my own kids. That's not to be cruel or anything but that is the way that my dad has taught me to look at these types of things. Since the girl in question has been with me for only a few weeks the possibility of the child being not fathered by me would be a major concern for me. But if, I really do like the girl and the kid is mine then I would do anything to have him/her be brought up in a good enviornment even if it would mean not going in the Army and heavily depending on my parents financially.
February 13th, 2005  
EuroSpike

Grow big, not adult!
February 15th, 2005  
godofthunder9010

Topic: Re: ll

Quote:
most adoptions in UK you are not allowed contact with the child unless said so and chances of that are little these days. If I was to have a baby it would be for me to love and raise not some one else. Mind you people have different views all together.
I guess that I can't conceive of the thought process. It goes something like this: "I cannot bear to let anyone else have this child, so I am going to kill it. After all it would be too much of an inconvenience to my life."

That basis of thinking brings a Bible story to mind. Remeber the one about the baby with two mothers claiming it was theirs? Solomon instructed that the baby be cut in two and half should be given to each woman. The concept outlined for abortion being better than adoption essentially agrees that Solomon should have actually followed through with hacking that baby in two. "If I can't have it for myself, nobody can!!" All roads lead back to selfishness.

On the point about whether the biological mother can see her child, most adoption agencies in the USA have come to a stunning conclusion: Nobody involved appreciated it when you legally enforced a policy of no contact with the biological mother. These days, things are rapidly moving toward a more flexible system where the expecting mother can choose who adopts her baby and the adoptive parents can allow her to have a role in the life of her child if she chooses to. Many choose not to, but they have the option anyways. The adoptive parents are empowered to decide on how much of a role that the mother has. If her presence is unhealthy for the child -- lets say we are talking about a biological mother who is an alchoholic and/or drug addict and/or something along those lines. Well then, her presence is a detriment and not a benefit.
February 15th, 2005  
Gelinas

Deciding to put your baby up for adoption is the hardest thing anyone will ever have to do. I, for one, have decided against it. Not because I'm selfish but because I have friends who get bounced from one home to another because their parents put them up for adoption, and I don't want that to happen. As for abortion, I had thought of it in the beginning but decided against it. If I were a man I would support her in what ever she chose (but most younger men bail when the tough gets going).