Would you support her or not? - Page 3




View Poll Results :You on the other hand, would you:
A) stay with her as you do actually like her and the baby is both your responsibility. 13 50.00%
B) Stay with her only for the baby. 0 0%
C) tell her to abort as you don't want a child. 5 19.23%
D) Tell her your standby on what ever she wants. 8 30.77%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

 
--
Boots
 
February 8th, 2005  
Ed
 
I would Choose C, Because I dont want a Child, and I wouldnt be sleeping with any Girl who wanted to get pregnant, Its not good for the Kid to have a Father who Wishes he was aborted and a mother who didnt want to be Pregnant. however If It was a long term Relationship, then I would be more supportive, but the way the question sounds it seems like a one night stand or a 2nd date.....
February 8th, 2005  
Anya1982
 
 

Topic: hello


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed
I would Choose C, Because I dont want a Child, and I wouldnt be sleeping with any Girl who wanted to get pregnant, Its not good for the Kid to have a Father who Wishes he was aborted and a mother who didnt want to be Pregnant. however If It was a long term Relationship, then I would be more supportive, but the way the question sounds it seems like a one night stand or a 2nd date.....
1) it states "a girl you have been seeing for a few weeks" which is not a 1 night stand or 2 dates.

2) If your mature enough to stick it in then be mature enough to face what the actions will entale.

Do what you think is right but no one should disband the fact they have made a life. To abort I think you need good enough reason.
February 8th, 2005  
godofthunder9010
 
 

Topic: Re: Would you support her or not?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Anya1982
This is a question to see how a man would react:

A girl you have been seeing for a few weeks tells you she is pregnant. Also that she wants abortion as she can't financal support her or the baby.

You on the other hand, would you:

A) stay with her as you do actually like her and the baby is both your responsibility.

B)Stay with her only for the baby.

C) tell her to abort as you don't want a child.

D) Tell her your standby on what ever she wants.
I didn't see one very obvious option -- "Encourage her to have the baby and then put it up for adoption." This scenario his very close to home for me. My wife and I are not capable of having children on our own. We both love children and I have no doubt that we would make wonderful parents.

If a couple in that situation truly believe that they have the compatability and the right stuff to stick together, okay great. Good for them. Get married, keep the baby and hopefully everything works out best. Statistically, this scenario has a pretty lousy success rate. About 90% of those couples end up getting divorced or splitting up. This eventually leads to the child that brought them together becoming the object of endless feuds and court battles. No child would want to have to live through that mess. They shouldn't have to either.

Okay, so the young man involved decided he isn't going to stick with the mother. They hardly know each other after all. How can it work? Keeping the baby seems like the responsible thing to do for that mother, in many people's opinion. I disagree. Especially if she is very very young, she pretty much guaranteed that she cannot pursue her own dreams anymore. She doesn't have time. She's trying to be mommy and daddy at the same time, and in whatever time is left, she is trying to earn enough money to feed and clothe herself and her child. Not much wiggle room there for such pursuits as a career, an education and finding the right person to spend the rest of your life with. The sacrifice is very noble and all, but why do it if you don't actually have to?

Based on all of that, the best option you offered was abortion in the vast majority of cases. But consider something: For every couple that opts for the abortion, that is one more child that my wife and I cannot have. One more child that we could have loved as our own for a llifetime. Make a long story short, I really hate abortion. If you are so sure you don't want your baby, can I ask a favor? Instead of killing it, can my wife and I have it PLEASE??
--
Boots
February 8th, 2005  
Missileer
 
 
When this happened in the 50's and 60's in Texas, you had better do the right thing (what her Dad thinks) or put a lot of highway between yourself and that particular place. As I've said before "he needed killing" is a defense for murder in Texas.

Seriously, I know of a girl in our class in High School who got pre....pre....pre, with child, and the Father made tracks. A fine young man married her and adopted the boy. They're still together. That was just our mindset back then.
February 8th, 2005  
godofthunder9010
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missileer
Seriously, I know of a girl in our class in High School who got pre....pre....pre, with child, and the Father made tracks. A fine young man married her and adopted the boy. They're still together. That was just our mindset back then.
The truest statement is that you never say that one choice is always the right answer. A young woman in this situation needs to decide what is best for herself. Nobody can tell her what the right answer is.

I still hate abortion. Since it is legal, that means it is an option for unplanned pregnancies. I hate the fact that placing your child up for adoption isn't even worth a seconds worth of consideration, but abortion is ALWAYS one of the first things anyone thinks of. "Sara got pregnant!! Oh my, what will she do? Will she get an abortion or keep it?" But never, "Do you think she'll put the baby up for adoption?" It just kills me. You have no idea how badly.
February 9th, 2005  
Sexybeast
 
en.....where is the girl's real father?
i pick A for a while but i have to find the kid's real father too...
February 9th, 2005  
rOk
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missileer
When this happened in the 50's and 60's in Texas, you had better do the right thing (what her Dad thinks) or put a lot of highway between yourself and that particular place. As I've said before "he needed killing" is a defense for murder in Texas.
Lol I love this one...especially that part about putting a lot of highway between you and daddy.
February 9th, 2005  
Anya1982
 
 

Topic: Re: Would you support her or not?


Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anya1982
This is a question to see how a man would react:

A girl you have been seeing for a few weeks tells you she is pregnant. Also that she wants abortion as she can't financal support her or the baby.

You on the other hand, would you:

A) stay with her as you do actually like her and the baby is both your responsibility.

B)Stay with her only for the baby.

C) tell her to abort as you don't want a child.

D) Tell her your standby on what ever she wants.
I didn't see one very obvious option -- "Encourage her to have the baby and then put it up for adoption." This scenario his very close to home for me. My wife and I are not capable of having children on our own. We both love children and I have no doubt that we would make wonderful parents.

If a couple in that situation truly believe that they have the compatability and the right stuff to stick together, okay great. Good for them. Get married, keep the baby and hopefully everything works out best. Statistically, this scenario has a pretty lousy success rate. About 90% of those couples end up getting divorced or splitting up. This eventually leads to the child that brought them together becoming the object of endless feuds and court battles. No child would want to have to live through that mess. They shouldn't have to either.

Okay, so the young man involved decided he isn't going to stick with the mother. They hardly know each other after all. How can it work? Keeping the baby seems like the responsible thing to do for that mother, in many people's opinion. I disagree. Especially if she is very very young, she pretty much guaranteed that she cannot pursue her own dreams anymore. She doesn't have time. She's trying to be mommy and daddy at the same time, and in whatever time is left, she is trying to earn enough money to feed and clothe herself and her child. Not much wiggle room there for such pursuits as a career, an education and finding the right person to spend the rest of your life with. The sacrifice is very noble and all, but why do it if you don't actually have to?

Based on all of that, the best option you offered was abortion in the vast majority of cases. But consider something: For every couple that opts for the abortion, that is one more child that my wife and I cannot have. One more child that we could have loved as our own for a llifetime. Make a long story short, I really hate abortion. If you are so sure you don't want your baby, can I ask a favor? Instead of killing it, can my wife and I have it PLEASE??
So D is not "standing by what ever she wants"? that could mean....adoption/abortion/keep[ing it. Switch on lofty lol
February 9th, 2005  
godofthunder9010
 
 

Topic: Re: Would you support her or not?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Anya1982
So D is not "standing by what ever she wants"? that could mean....adoption/abortion/keep[ing it. Switch on lofty lol
Well, your scenario says that the mother wants an abortion, so we already know what she wants. My thought is the following might have been a good option:
E.) Encourage her to have the baby and put it up for adoption.

I'm curious, until I mentioned it, how many people actually thought of adoption as an alternative?
February 9th, 2005  
Doc.S
 
I have not voted because I would not have done anything of the things described above.

Doc.S