Would you rather lose an arm or a leg?

• Total voters

Duty Honor Country

While I was visiting a friend in Pittsburg, we got onto an arguement I have had before. The question was "would you rather lose an arm or a leg?" I argued a leg while he would rather lose an arm. I have had this debate before...so I bring it to the forums.

I would rather lose an arm. I would hate having to use crutches or a wheel chair, or hop everywhere. With one arm I could still do a lot of things.

Ill choose to keep all my stuff as I am still using it/them at the moment.

But thanks for asking.

:)

There are quite a few people working in our various plants who have lost a limb but the only ones I noticed have lost a leg or both legs. Prosthetic legs are almost impossible to spot on people now. A technician I worked with on the Paveway GBS had lost both his legs in Vietnam and was still able to do his job. Your arms are indispensable for work of almost any type. The company also provides scooters for those who request them.

I'd say Missileer is on the money with this one. Look at the troops allowed to stay in who've lost a leg for example. They can still do their jobs, and they're still quite mobile and able to pass the PT test on their prostetic legs. I don't see any armless troops though.

Like most everyone else, I would chose leg if I had to, But I also like the response of LIPS too.
:(

Good poll Doody. I would have to choose an arm because I would hate to hop around everywhere or have to use crutches or a wheelchair. That would totally ****. So...I pick arm.

Back