Would a large nuclear war be good for the world?

Lunatik

With the world population exploding, scarce natural resources, overcrowding like sardines, overfishing, etc, would it not be good if all hell broke out and killed half the world population? What do you think? Also, if nations had never fought one another and just kept reproducing, how would that have effected the population today?

Yes, because nuclear war would have no consequences whatsoever for the very small portion of the populace that wasn't wiped out...:rolleyes:

Also, if you look back, most of the major instances of mass death in recent world history (WWII, specifically) have been immediately followed by a period of immense growth that far surpassed its antebellum state.

I'm sure nature will take care of it sooner or later. Maybe a plague or a big space rock, something like that.

I don't think a nuclear war would work out too great for us considering all the fallout.

Want to tell that to the next T-Rex you meet.

I am personally going with the asteroid or comet method as the most likely choice for large scale population control.

Nature isn't as powerful as you think my friends. And we're slowly screwing it up. :(

And you think turning half of the world into a glass parking lot would help? Please tell me you're not working for STRATCOM in any way, shape, or form...

A T-Rex has no chance against a human being, his mind and survival skills. Mankind is, and has always been, on top of the food chain and always will. We could, however, again because we are smart and too smug to care, destroy our atmosphere and the ecosystem on Earth. And we're slowly doing it.

DinoRiderTrexARMORED.jpg

A T-Rex has no chance against a human being, his mind and survival skills. Mankind is, and has always been, on top of the food chain and always will. We could, however, again because we are smart and too smug to care, destroy our atmosphere and the ecosystem on Earth. And we're slowly doing it.

And, again, you think obliterating half of the planet would help?

And you think turning half of the world into a glass parking lot would help?
I never said that I do. But I think the subject is open to debate. Nature has survived a huge asteroid crash even though it caused mass extinction. A nuclear war wouldn't be as catastrophic as an asteroid hit. It'd take about 10 nuclear bombs to take the population to about 3/5th of what it is today, as a lot of it is concentrated in and around big cities.

Well to be fair the world will have (if it doesn't already) a major over population problem, I am not sure nuking things is the right answer though.

Maybe we could load excess people into rockets and fire them at distant solar systems with a packed lunch and some sun block?

Besides, some radiation is always good for natural mutation; evolution. :)

Last edited:
Maybe we could load excess people into rockets and fire them at distant solar systems with a packed lunch and some sun block?
This won't be a realistic/viable option for a very very long time.

Doesn't matter. It's hard to convince governments to spend so much in spacecraft/launch expenses just to get some people killed. Killing is supposed to be a cheap business, and it usually is. :)

Back