Would a large nuclear war be good for the world?

Why sure. And for good measure lets unleash every pathogen and plague out there. Maybe we could syncronize our watches and at a specific time, we all go on a killing frenzy. To top everything we could kill ourseves in some post apocalyptic suicide pact. Jeeesh!!!!!

Well to be fair the world will have (if it doesn't already) a major over population problem, I am not sure nuking things is the right answer though.

Maybe we could load excess people into rockets and fire them at distant solar systems with a packed lunch and some sun block?

DECIMATE THE POPULATION!

it's the only way!

1 in ten dies, every year.

If someone out there is trying to kill people off, I'd wager they'd use very subtle methods that work over time applied to a large demographic. If anyone found out, those responsible would be in quite deep.

It'd be nice if they put more effort into getting humans to other planets (and surviving there long-term) but of course there are more pressing matters on Earth to spend our money on.

Of course, human natrue is precisely why war has been the decisive factor in the past.

Pure Darwinism - to ensure continuation of the fittest. It is only our inherited spiritual experience and guidance that makes us question wiping out great swathes. Nature, red in tooth and claw.

Will global warming do the job? The planet taking care of business?

Good from whose point of view? Humans, animals, earth itself? The earth itself is not being benefited by the human race. If we eliminate or drastically reduce the human race, so what? Anyway, a large nuclear war wouldn't eliminate humans, it would just reduce us. Objectively, is that bad for the world. So, for really reducing the human race - my money is on plague also. The odds are too long for super volcanoes, comets and meteors. Riots are only local. WMD would also only be relatively local as it would only be be people/groups like bin Laden. Plague could wipe out millions before it ran it's course and of course there would be zealots worldwide who would take advantage of the confusion during a major plague to cause even more havoc.

Last edited:
Seriously. When will the humanity's population growth end? When will it stabilize? 200 years? 300? A millenium? More? How many people will walk this small rock by then? 50 billion? 100?

Nature obviously is powerless as we're the ones who have power over it and are messing it up. 70% of the world is working very hard so that the other 30% can live better. Is that the system we want centuries into the future?

It is in our very genes to want to reproduce. History has taught us many times that instinct can override reason, and surely enough, it will again.

Imagine a ship, in the middle of the ocean, with limited resources. This ship is sailing toward a very distant, unknown location. And as it is sailing, it is also decaying. It is being consumed by its inhabitants, whose numbers and naturally consumption rate, is increasing as the ship keeps sailing.

Take a moment to think about that...

Somebody (who can) will either start throwing people into the ocean, or, the ship will eventually sink with EVERYONE in it.

It may not happen in a couple more centuries or maybe even a thousand years, but sooner or later, someone will have to take action so that humanity, the rest of us (or you) will have a chance of continuum.

Maybe the machines will take care of us...

"I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area, and you multiply, and multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet, you are a plague, and we are the cure." - Agent Smith

Back