Would a large nuclear war be good for the world?

My money's still on a plague. Medical science still can't do anything against a rapidly mutating virus. Anything at all. And as more people get packed into cities, and global travel becomes more and more common, it will become even easier for such a virus to spread, mutate, and make it to every continent except Antarctica. Hell, it might even be a resistant form of a disease we thought we had licked, like influenza or some such.

Or there could be a zombie outbreak. :p

The answer: nuclear submarine. Get food by fishing.
Get refueled by... errr hopefully after a hundred years the plague will pass.

TECHNICALLY, it all depends on the TYPE of plague you're referring to. There are a couple of ways to treat certain types of plague, but if you're referring to the black death.. well, yeah, you're screwed! ;)

Some people claim that the HIV virus (aka the little mutating crap that causes AIDS) was engineered as a population control measure. Notice how it's been particularly effective in Africa, South America, among poor people and of course (debatably) sexually immoral communities. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

Wanting to stir the pot is perhaps the most fundamental human 'vice' that once got us kicked out of heaven, lol... But without it, we wouldn't have suvived thus far as a civilization either. :wink:

Besides, what I suggested above isn't really that impossible, is it?

Wanting to stir the pot is perhaps the most fundamental human 'vice' that once got us kicked out of heaven, lol... But without it, we wouldn't have suvived thus far as a civilization either. :wink:

Besides, what I suggested above isn't really that impossible, is it?

I'm not saying it's impossible at all. I wouldn't put it past people. Especially since, when it first came out, it wasn't politically correct to "quarantine" the FEW who had the virus and let it die out. So, now, we have this mess on our hands. Just one of the few ways PC is killing us. Only in this instance it's literal.

It's really a load of crap.
The reason why AIDS is effective in those areas is because those are areas where ALL disease are more effective. Poor protective measures, lack of hygiene, pollution, poor nutrition, poor sewage systems, lack of education and lack of discipline on these parts are what causes them.
Use a condom. Stop blaming white people for your premature croaking.

LOL! 13th, I actually agreed with you on most of that.

I didn't say I believed it was a conspiracy, I just said that it's not out of the realm of possibility.

And there you have it.
And disinformation is now practiced at a fearsome scale with the internet and the ease of which it is to post "information."

I believe a few years back a group of Hearts fans (from Scotland) fabricated a story about a fictitious Turkish football player being linked with their club and posted it on the internet. A few large internet football news sites picked up on this story and posted it on their sites as well, presenting it as fact. Turned out to be an April Fools joke and they found out that Galatasaray didn't have any such player. It was a long time ago so I don't remember the details but I know the guy who knew the guy who did this.

You know there are ways to control population growth without obliterating 3/4 of the world. Birth Control for example. Furthermore you neglkected to mention the vast amounts of radiation that would render the planet uninhabitable for centuries.

Lunatik

Asteroid collisions have destroyed planets too. Its what mostly happened to Mars. It all depends on the size of the asteroid and what in it when it hits.

Furthermore you neglkected to mention the vast amounts of radiation that would render the planet uninhabitable for centuries.
Not really, not that long! Hiroshima and Nagasaki were both completely destroyed by atomic bombs, and of course radiation levels were once unbearable. But both cities are now quite FULL of life...

Hiroshima
800px-DSCN0282.JPG

Nagasaki
800px-Nagasaki_C1414.jpg

As for Mars being unhabitable, well, it's barely in the habitable zone of the solar system anyway. Too distant from the sun, and also low planetary mass means thinner atmosphere, means less retained heat, means super cold surface, means no life...

Last edited:
ur joking right how in anyway could a nuclear war be good for earth 90% of the human race would be dead and there would no stable governments whats left of the population would be in chaos what kind of idiot would think a nuclear war would be good .:tank:

Those are nice pics Lunatik.

They are indeed fantastic pictures, but, Lunatik, remember the relative strength of the nuclear devices that dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki (16 and 21 kilotons, respectively) versus the strength of comparable, air-dropped weapon today (340 kilotons) and the strength of a single, fully armed Trident D5 missile (3500 kilotons). And we have roughly 1600 air-drop weapons in the stockpiles, along with 336 Trident D5s in the tubes, ready to launch.

If you do the math, excluding any variations in warhead yield (assuming B61 mod 7 bombs and 8xW88 warheads per TD5 missile) that's approximately 1720000 kilotons of nuclear weapons in the US arsenal alone. This excludes silos, B83 air-drop bombs, Nuke Tomahawks, Trident missiles that aren't currently in submarines, and anything the government hasn't made public knowledge.

You're operating under the assumption that the cities will be reinhabitable by the 50-year mark or so. That's fine...but chances are there'll be no one left.

Last edited:
Back