Which would you choose - Page 4

--
Which would you choose

May 27th, 2005  
Tvoi-Vrag

Which would you choose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly Pitcher
I am a naturalized American citizen. I came here from Italy with my parents when I was still a little girl. America has given us SO much! She will always have my allegiance.
America is not what she was a few years ago
May 27th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Are you American?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly Pitcher
I am a naturalized American citizen. I came here from Italy with my parents when I was still a little girl. America has given us SO much! She will always have my allegiance.
America is not what she was a few years ago
May 28th, 2005  
Tvoi-Vrag

If you are talking to me I live in USA, but I am Originally from Russia. I don't like the term American because the only Americans are Native people.
--
Which would you choose
May 28th, 2005  
Missileer

I think you are referring to the Siberian-Americans who inhabited America first as far as Archaeologists and Paleontologists can date their trek across the Continent.
May 28th, 2005  
Molly Pitcher

If you want to get picky about people who came here calling themselves Americans then the "native" Americans don't count either. They came over the land bridge across the Bering Strait 10,000 years ago. Still immigrants - they've just been here longer. For that matter Europeans are immigrants and Asians and Australians etc. are immigrants. Mankind arose in Africa and they're the only ones who can call themselves natives by your definition.

I've been here for nearly 30 years now. I've been back to Italy many times and though I love it, I would still stay here.
May 29th, 2005  
Tvoi-Vrag

I would say pretty much anyone that has lived here for hundreds of years and established an national identity.
May 29th, 2005  
Molly Pitcher

Quote:
I don't like the term American because the only Americans are Native people.
Quote:
I would say pretty much anyone that has lived here for hundreds of years and established an national identity.
Well then you've just contradicted yourself. Europeans have been in America for hundreds of years. Jamestown, the first English settlement to survive here will be 400 years old in 2007.
May 29th, 2005  
Tvoi-Vrag

WOW! I did not know the Brittish were here that long
May 29th, 2005  
wolfen

Yep they've been here that long.
May 29th, 2005  
DTop

St. Augustine, Florida is the nation's oldest city. It was established by the Spanish on August 28, 1565. That would make it 440 years old this year.

http://www.oldcity.com/his2.html