Which would you choose

I am a naturalized American citizen. I came here from Italy with my parents when I was still a little girl. America has given us SO much! She will always have my allegiance. :D

Vitaly It seems we are in the same boat. I'm Russian, but I consider myself slavic and I'm going into US Military. Well, I choose my race because any land without national identity or culture are bound to fail.

My country before my race. This dosn't really make sense, because if you fight for your country your automatically fighting for your race.

Patriot_II said:
My country before my race. This dosn't really make sense, because if you fight for your country your automatically fighting for your race.

Not really. Countries are made up of different races throughout the world.

Molly Pitcher said:
I am a naturalized American citizen. I came here from Italy with my parents when I was still a little girl. America has given us SO much! She will always have my allegiance. :D

America is not what she was a few years ago

Are you American?

Renegade said:
Molly Pitcher said:

America is not what she was a few years ago

If you are talking to me I live in USA, but I am Originally from Russia. I don't like the term American because the only Americans are Native people.

I think you are referring to the Siberian-Americans who inhabited America first as far as Archaeologists and Paleontologists can date their trek across the Continent.

If you want to get picky about people who came here calling themselves Americans then the "native" Americans don't count either. They came over the land bridge across the Bering Strait 10,000 years ago. Still immigrants - they've just been here longer. For that matter Europeans are immigrants and Asians and Australians etc. are immigrants. Mankind arose in Africa and they're the only ones who can call themselves natives by your definition.

I've been here for nearly 30 years now. I've been back to Italy many times and though I love it, I would still stay here.

I don't like the term American because the only Americans are Native people.

I would say pretty much anyone that has lived here for hundreds of years and established an national identity.

Well then you've just contradicted yourself. Europeans have been in America for hundreds of years. Jamestown, the first English settlement to survive here will be 400 years old in 2007.

Back