Would China go to war for N.Korea? - Page 5

--

November 20th, 2004  
Kane

Thanks FlyingFrog.

150,000 troops is very large. Do you think it's necessary to deploy that many troops to just stem the growing violence of rogue North Korean soldiers? And also does anyone of you guys know what is the reason for N. Korean Soldiers to commit crimes between the border?
November 20th, 2004  
Darcia

150,000 isn't realy that much considering both of those nations have Millions of Men in thier army.
November 20th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
Thanks FlyingFrog.

150,000 troops is very large. Do you think it's necessary to deploy that many troops to just stem the growing violence of rogue North Korean soldiers? And also does anyone of you guys know what is the reason for N. Korean Soldiers to commit crimes between the border?
1. 150,000 does sound a bit too large. But the border is extremly long, and Northern China is one of the Chinese key area, usually PRC deploys large troops in that area. Years ago, along the border, it was mainly Chinese border police troops, now they are just replace it with regular combat troops. Increasing the number of troops will not surpise me at all, since N.Korea is well a bit in trouble, things may go out of control soon, so you got to be prepared for worst cases.

2. About crimes committed by NK soldiers, it is mainly a rumor. Also, along the border, in Chinese area, there live millions Koreans, they are also one major minority groups in China. Many N.Koreans who crossed the border into China, sought homes by their relatives in Chinese part.
--
November 20th, 2004  
Kane

Quote:
150,000 isn't realy that much considering both of those nations have Millions of Men in thier army.
150,000 isn't that much? You got to be kidding.

Flyingfrog, do you remember exact number of soldiers that were participating the October 1999 Parade in Beijing? That is indeed....a lot of Soldiers.
November 20th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

In Chinese view, 150,000 troops is not large at all. I believe Chinese people normally think "large" and look forward in "long" terms (like 20, 30, 50 years terms).

Total regular combat troops in China is over 2 million. There are another 1 million Armed Police (basically same as regular army, but not same as regular police).

I believe in Northern China, PRC deploys at least 500,000 troops, therefore 150,000 along N.Korean border is not something large for our perspective.

I just checked:
Only in the Northern Shenyang Military Region, it has 250,000 combat troops.
http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...henyang-mr.htm
This Shenyang Military Region is responsible for Korean issues.
November 21st, 2004  
A Can of Man

Man aren't we all just so hawkish?
November 21st, 2004  
Kane

The following information is one year old. The number of troops stationing at the northern Shenyang region can fluctuate within the one year period.
November 21st, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
Man aren't we all just so hawkish?
I beg your pardon: what do you mean "hawkish"? in what posts?
November 21st, 2004  
Kane

I think 13th Redneck is trying to say that he feels uncomfortable that China stationed 250,000 to handle the "Korean Issue". But, that is only a thought.
November 21st, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Oh I just meant Shenyang Military Region is responsible for N.Korea related issuses, I didn't mean ONLY for N.Korea. It is also partially responsible for Russia related issues.