Would China go to war for N.Korea? - Page 4

--

November 20th, 2004  
MadeInChina

ai, ppl, china will never fire a nuke unless fired upon by..

a way to destory japan is by naval blockade- little food imports
November 20th, 2004  
Darcia

Thier is one small small point we are forgetting right now wich is actualy very major... The US Hase a Base in Japan, If a Naval Blockade is done America will strike back.
November 20th, 2004  
Kane

Quote:
ai, ppl, china will never fire a nuke unless fired upon by..

a way to destory japan is by naval blockade- little food imports
Quote:
Thier is one small small point we are forgetting right now wich is actualy very major... The US Hase a Base in Japan, If a Naval Blockade is done America will strike back.
A naval blockade around Japan is not a wise thing for China to do. PRC knows it's not smart. Since Japan is a major trading partner with China, blocking that trade will create a ripple effect to the worldwide economy. I spoke with several Chinese people when I was in China. They said they rather be prosperous than trying to appease their appetite of revenge. Although they mistrust Japan, they still appreciate the Japanese people and their culture.

Another thing to point out, diplomatic relations between China and Japan are improving and both nations want to aim for full cooperation.
--
November 20th, 2004  
MadeInChina

with the japanese not matureenough to appologize and reconize that the nanjing masscre happened, we havent been able to pay back for the deaths of 600,000 , the only thing we can do is to have the japanese appolize and pay in wealth to the families of the tragic incident

BUT NOOOO, japs are too much of lil girls to do so.

if the japanese ppl are nationlstic and proud, they should not allow a us base in japan
November 20th, 2004  
Kane

Please don't generalize how Japanese People view towards the Rape of Nanjing. A handful of Japanese do show their deepest sympathy and their condolences towards that terrible incident.

Quote:
if the japanese ppl are nationlstic and proud, they should not allow a us base in japan
The so-called "Democratic Liberal Party" in Japan are very conservative. People who are part of nationalists movement in Japan are condemning U.S. bases in Japan and calls it an "occupation". But, the problem with Japan is that the Right Wing sects are interferring with the process towards apology and compensation for numerous accounts of war crimes.

So in this case, the Right Wing sects are intefering with the truth of their own history and failed to admit that Japan was hold accountable for igniting World War II.

And I also forgot that this thread is about N. Korea and S. Korea.
November 20th, 2004  
Darcia

The Japs realy don't get much of a choice about the base, It has been thier since WW2 as a base to keep the peace.
November 20th, 2004  
Kane

ANYWAY, I heard rumors or claims that PRC have sent several hundred thousand of troops along the border between China and North Korea to pressure Kim not to develop Nuclear Weapons. Is that true?
November 20th, 2004  
Darcia

I havn't heard anything to that affect.....
November 20th, 2004  
Kane

Respectfully, it's quite amazing to see PRC finally getting more involved in this sort of situation. However, I'm not sure if Russia is that concerned.
November 20th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Though a bit old news. Both llast year and this year PRC puts more troops along China-NK border:

China deploys troops on border with North Korea

China has deployed up to 150,000 troops on its border with North Korea to deter Pyongyang's nuclear build-up and to stifle mounting violence from rogue North Korean soldiers, a report here said yesterday. ....

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/worl.../15/2003067928