Would China go to war for N.Korea?

Thanks FlyingFrog.

150,000 troops is very large. Do you think it's necessary to deploy that many troops to just stem the growing violence of rogue North Korean soldiers? And also does anyone of you guys know what is the reason for N. Korean Soldiers to commit crimes between the border?

Kane said:
Thanks FlyingFrog.

150,000 troops is very large. Do you think it's necessary to deploy that many troops to just stem the growing violence of rogue North Korean soldiers? And also does anyone of you guys know what is the reason for N. Korean Soldiers to commit crimes between the border?

1. 150,000 does sound a bit too large. But the border is extremly long, and Northern China is one of the Chinese key area, usually PRC deploys large troops in that area. Years ago, along the border, it was mainly Chinese border police troops, now they are just replace it with regular combat troops. Increasing the number of troops will not surpise me at all, since N.Korea is well a bit in trouble, things may go out of control soon, so you got to be prepared for worst cases.

2. About crimes committed by NK soldiers, it is mainly a rumor. Also, along the border, in Chinese area, there live millions Koreans, they are also one major minority groups in China. Many N.Koreans who crossed the border into China, sought homes by their relatives in Chinese part.

150,000 isn't realy that much considering both of those nations have Millions of Men in thier army.

150,000 isn't that much? You got to be kidding.

Flyingfrog, do you remember exact number of soldiers that were participating the October 1999 Parade in Beijing? That is indeed....a lot of Soldiers. :shock:

In Chinese view, 150,000 troops is not large at all. I believe Chinese people normally think "large" and look forward in "long" terms (like 20, 30, 50 years terms).

Total regular combat troops in China is over 2 million. There are another 1 million Armed Police (basically same as regular army, but not same as regular police).

I believe in Northern China, PRC deploys at least 500,000 troops, therefore 150,000 along N.Korean border is not something large for our perspective.

I just checked:
Only in the Northern Shenyang Military Region, it has 250,000 combat troops.
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/china/shenyang-mr.htm
This Shenyang Military Region is responsible for Korean issues.

The following information is one year old. The number of troops stationing at the northern Shenyang region can fluctuate within the one year period.

I think 13th Redneck is trying to say that he feels uncomfortable that China stationed 250,000 to handle the "Korean Issue". But, that is only a thought.

Oh I just meant Shenyang Military Region is responsible for N.Korea related issuses, I didn't mean ONLY for N.Korea. It is also partially responsible for Russia related issues.

Nah it was just a reflection of how we talk.
I'm glad none of us are in charge.
or else the world would have ended a long time ago.

the_13th_redneck said:

Are you sure what you mean here? Or have I been "agressive" in my posts? I thought I have been quite humble recently.

What? You? Humble??? HAHAHAHAHAHA *choke* *thud.*
You are anything but humble.
It's always, "What? Then we will nuke/destroy/invade you!"

FlyingFrog said:
the_13th_redneck said:

Are you sure what you mean here? Or have I been "agressive" in my posts? I thought I have been quite humble recently.

If America went to war with North Korea then China would. China wouldn't allow America to show them up...agian...

Its the most silly thing in the world. China will block any move by the United States to fix anything in East Asia (outside of our sphere of allies, etc.) because "That's our turf, keep off it!"

Apparently, China wants to be "East Asian Policeman", but nobody in the neighborhood trusts them much at all, so they can't actually do ANYTHING. Makes no sense.

godofthunder9010 said:
Its the most silly thing in the world. China will block any move by the United States to fix anything in East Asia (outside of our sphere of allies, etc.) because "That's our turf, keep off it!"

Apparently, China wants to be "East Asian Policeman", but nobody in the neighborhood trusts them much at all, so they can't actually do ANYTHING. Makes no sense.

Hehe,it once was the brits' turf and was once Japanese turf and was once... Hitler was once alive, China was once Middle Kingdom, etc. etc. The point is, nothing stays constant forever. That would be abnormal. I guess, unless Jesus's Dad shows up and says: "I want the USA to guard my earth..." Well, even that may not help, for the non-Christians have their own gods to listen to. Hehe...

When you are strong enough, you just don't like the idea of being pushed around any more. Even Japan once openly wanted to keep the non-Asians out of East Asia, regardless of that what they really wanted was to both keep the non-Asians off and to be the master of Asia. Guess what? After two nukes, they became a good boy to their adopted daddy, the Americans. Hehe... Oh, back to topic:

I think whether China will again go to North Korea depends on whether China and the USA can strike a bargain of some sort. We common people won't have much a say about it, because we won't even know what the problem really is and what kind of under-the-table deals there are.

China and the US are already too much entwined, no matter how you diehard anti-China folks hate it. The US simply can't afford to ignore China's voice. The USA probably should have nuked China at the risk of Soviet's retaliation before China had nukes and ICBMs. I know this sounds painful to China-haters. But hey, think of it this way, you may well have been Chinese in you past lives and you may well be Chinese in your next reincarnation! So what's the BIG deal after all?!

In addition, how do you know that capitalism will have the last laugh? In 20 years, the whole damn world may be one giant Islamic Empire! You never know until then, don't you? Hehe...

Well so much for China going to the aid of North Korea. China claims Baekdusan (also spelt like Paekdu-san) which is the highest mountain in the Korean peninsular. So it claims North Korean territory which it really has no right to.
I think if China goes to war to defend North Korea, it won't be for North Korea's sake... and as "compensation for the help" may even help itself to some territory as well.

Back