Would China go to war for N.Korea?

the_13th_redneck said:
I don't think Japan would care less if unification happened or not.
China would worry the most.
and the US would only be concerend because China's concerned.

I beg to disagree 13th_redneck, Japan would be greatly affected if and when a reunification happens between north and south Korea. they have been traditional rivals for centuries, there is mutual distrust and animosity between them, reunification would awaken long dead and buried issues that have been just simmering below the surface. A unified Korea would pose a clear and present threat to Japan politically, economically as well as militarily.

A unified korea would have more than two million men and women in uniform and armed to the teeth, with modern equipment and the technology and industry to manufacture planes, ships, tanks and all the implements of modern warfare. Both Japan and the Koreas also have warrior traditions.

and don't forget the fact that N.Korea is believed to posess nukes...

ergo... IMHO, America, China and Japan would do eveything in their power to retain the status quo. ( no unification) a divided korea would be in their best interest.

Agree with Brotchador.

13 got to have a clear view of the Japan issue in Korea. I believe 13th is only one the very few Koreans who have a good feeling towards japan.

Japan is a much bigger player in Asian Polotics than they let on to be. Japan has alot more power in Asia then they let on also. Out of Asia China and Japan are the two richest nations. The Korean Situation greatly affects Japan, if an invasion did happen it would also affect Japan because refugees may try to escape to the smaller Islands that Japan owns in that area wich may cause hostiliteas with a side.

Brotchador said:
the_13th_redneck said:
I beg to disagree 13th_redneck, Japan would be greatly affected if and when a reunification happens between north and south Korea.

I agree. Japan, a geographically miserably placed tiny country, is a true beast. As incredible as it is, Japan once (or more than once) beat the crap out of Korea, China, and so many Asian countries. It also is the only country that attacked the US on its own soil and did a pretty awesome job at Pearl Harbor. Without the nukes, I don't know how much the US would have to suffer before finally beating Japan. This country is not a normal country! It only honors violent force: That which it inflicted on other countries and that which it suffered from the nukes.

I don't really hate the Japanese as human beings around me. I like the cuties there as much as you guys do. But as a nation under certain type of government, this specific people is as bad as devil himself. That is why I sort of believe that if large-scale war is to break between China and Japan again, China will have to nuke or cause easthquakes to total this SOB country just in order to avoid being eaten alive.

I know that you Americans will disagree, due to your own strategic interest, your control over, and your use of, Japan. But think of it this way: You are so far away from Japan and yet you dropped nukes on it in a situation where you didn't really have to. If you had not dropped the nukes, you would only suffer more casualties. That's it. But if China hesitates to nuke the bastards in a futur all-out war, the whole China might be eaten alive! Have any of you read the book "The Rape of Nanking"? That was not written by some commies. That was history!

Which would be worse of the two: More casualties for you Americans in the past or the rape and loss of the nation for Chinese in the future?

It's all a game said:
Which would be worse of the two: More casualties for you Americans in the past or the rape and loss of the nation for Chinese in the future?

To me they are both equaly bad.

scott.moore said:
It's all a game said:

To me they are both equaly bad.

Well, if the US feels it justifiable to nuke the Japanese only to prevent more casualties. China, or at least some Chinese, certainly will feel justifiable to obliterate them when faced with a danger that is much much much closer to home!

"Its All A Game" if you are that worried about it then get actively involved in your countries political process and change things. But seeing you are from China I doubt that they would hold elections so standing as an independent will be out of the question, however, I maybe wrong.

But you can work that out for yourself.

Nukes are not the answer they are the END.

So because Japan did something bad before, that means they will do it again? I suppose that means you should nuke Mongolia too, since they did that whole "almost conquer the world" thing once.

I guess we better nuke Germany before the fourth Reich arises, too.

Chocobo_Blitzer said:
So because Japan did something bad before, that means they will do it again? I suppose that means you should nuke Mongolia too, since they did that whole "almost conquer the world" thing once.

I guess we better nuke Germany before the fourth Reich arises, too.

Good point Chocobo :D

Japan has Political power not military power, Japan is a pacifist nation so they do not keep a powerful army. If a war did happen Military wise China could blow Japan away, However Japan is a small country the sieze of California with around 127 million people, it is so densly populated invading it would be dangerous for threat of a civilian uprising.

ai, ppl, china will never fire a nuke unless fired upon by..

a way to destory japan is by naval blockade- little food imports

Thier is one small small point we are forgetting right now wich is actualy very major... The US Hase a Base in Japan, If a Naval Blockade is done America will strike back.

ai, ppl, china will never fire a nuke unless fired upon by..

a way to destory japan is by naval blockade- little food imports

Thier is one small small point we are forgetting right now wich is actualy very major... The US Hase a Base in Japan, If a Naval Blockade is done America will strike back.

A naval blockade around Japan is not a wise thing for China to do. PRC knows it's not smart. Since Japan is a major trading partner with China, blocking that trade will create a ripple effect to the worldwide economy. I spoke with several Chinese people when I was in China. They said they rather be prosperous than trying to appease their appetite of revenge. Although they mistrust Japan, they still appreciate the Japanese people and their culture.

Another thing to point out, diplomatic relations between China and Japan are improving and both nations want to aim for full cooperation.

with the japanese not matureenough to appologize and reconize that the nanjing masscre happened, we havent been able to pay back for the deaths of 600,000 , the only thing we can do is to have the japanese appolize and pay in wealth to the families of the tragic incident

BUT NOOOO, japs are too much of lil girls to do so.

if the japanese ppl are nationlstic and proud, they should not allow a us base in japan

Please don't generalize how Japanese People view towards the Rape of Nanjing. A handful of Japanese do show their deepest sympathy and their condolences towards that terrible incident.

if the japanese ppl are nationlstic and proud, they should not allow a us base in japan

The so-called "Democratic Liberal Party" in Japan are very conservative. People who are part of nationalists movement in Japan are condemning U.S. bases in Japan and calls it an "occupation". But, the problem with Japan is that the Right Wing sects are interferring with the process towards apology and compensation for numerous accounts of war crimes.

So in this case, the Right Wing sects are intefering with the truth of their own history and failed to admit that Japan was hold accountable for igniting World War II.

And I also forgot that this thread is about N. Korea and S. Korea.

The Japs realy don't get much of a choice about the base, It has been thier since WW2 as a base to keep the peace.

ANYWAY, I heard rumors or claims that PRC have sent several hundred thousand of troops along the border between China and North Korea to pressure Kim not to develop Nuclear Weapons. Is that true?

Respectfully, it's quite amazing to see PRC finally getting more involved in this sort of situation. However, I'm not sure if Russia is that concerned.

Back