Would China go to war for N.Korea? - Page 2

--

November 19th, 2004  
Xion

I think both South korea and North korea would be left alone, too big a risk for china to help N.korea against USA, same is true the other way round for USA to help S.korea against china (If china gets involved) or even if china isn't involved USA might not wanna risk facing North Korean nukes ( if they got any ?!?)
November 19th, 2004  
MadeInChina

Topic: Re: My voice

Quote:
Awesome question, by the way. I am currently writing a military series of novels, that involves China, both North and South Korea, as well as the U.S. There are a few other countries involved, but I'll leave them out, to keep up the suspense, lol.

I think that if war were to break out between the North and the South, China would get involved, if it felt it had something to gain. I don't think it would willingly enter into the contest, knowing full well that the U.S. will be helping out the South, at least at some point. Numeric superiority or not, we've proven time and again that we've got the stuff to get the job done, or at least we did 60 years ago.

Strategically, what does China have to gain from entering into the war, other than keeping the U.S. away from it's boarders?

what book is it? im kinda interested 8)
November 19th, 2004  
Darcia

South Korea wouldn't attempt to Invade NK without some support if they ever did decided to do so. Most likly South Korea would only Invade if Invaded.
--
November 19th, 2004  
Xion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dameon
South Korea wouldn't attempt to Invade NK without some support if they ever did decided to do so.
I'm Sorry, but I didn't quite get why you said that.The general notion is NK will one day invade SK.

Quote:
Most likly South Korea would only Invade if Invaded.
That sentence confuses me a bit lol.
November 19th, 2004  
It's all a game

[quote="Xion"]
Quote:

Quote:
Most likly South Korea would only Invade if Invaded.
That sentence confuses me a bit lol.
Hehe, that means: It is mostly likely that South Korea would only invade (North Korea) if it is invaded (by North Korea).

Now, this kind of speculation (essentially a US vs China thingy) really makes little sense, doens't it?

How does any of you here know for sure that the two are not conspiring for the famous New World Order?

Sure, some of you hate or despise China. But your presidents don't seem to mind cooperating with the evildoer behind all evildoers, do they? And you people of democrasy can do nothing about it, can't you? Your jobs are flying to China and the big ole India. You curse, you swear, and you bang your heads on the wall, it sill is going on, isn't it? That's why I'm thinking of the NWO conspirasy on your behalf.
November 19th, 2004  
Xion

This might sound a bit offtopic:
By confused I meant grammatically, you need to defend yourself first after you get invaded, then think about invading them lmao.
November 19th, 2004  
It's all a game

Oh, I see what you mean. It merely omitted the pushing back the North invasion part.

But logially, you don't really have to crush the invasion before you can launch an invasion of your own, which can very well serve to defeat the enemy's invasion (that they have to pull back to save their home).
November 19th, 2004  
Brotchador

What i think is this, Both the U.S. and China would only go to war for S.K and N.K. respectively if it in their best interest. But the bigger question would be this... "WHAT WOULD HAPPEN, IF LIKE THE GERMANY, THE NORTH AND SOUTH UNITE"? Would the U.S. and China let that happen? what becomes of the power balance in the Asia-Pacific region? would Japan enter the picture? there are too many questions that needs to be addressed if this Re-unification occurs.
November 19th, 2004  
A Can of Man

I don't think Japan would care less if unification happened or not.
China would worry the most.
and the US would only be concerend because China's concerned.
November 19th, 2004  
Kane

Quote:
and the US would only be concerend because China's concerned
Hmmm....that phrase is quite akward, although it does sound reasonable.