Who would you ban from entering your country?

perseus

I agree with most of these NOT being accepted, but where do you stop? What about animal rights and euthanasia supporters. Perhaps actually naming them is a political motive to make immigration look a lot tougher than it is.

Some believe that they should be accepted prior to committing an offence in this country. Would you let an homicidal maniac in your home until they have killed one of your family, this sounds far too liberal.

The names of some of the people barred from entering the UK for fostering extremism or hatred have been published for the first time.
Islamic extremists, white supremacists and a US radio host are among the 16 of 22 excluded in the five months to March to have been named by the Home Office. Since 2005, the UK has been able to ban people who promote hatred, terrorist violence or serious criminal activity.
_45735862_002267380-1.jpg
Two anti-gay preachers who have picketed soldiers' funerals are banned

On the list of those banned between October and March are Hamas MP Yunis Al-Astal and Jewish extremist Mike Guzovsky. Also excluded are two leaders of a violent Russian skinhead gang, ex-Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard Stephen 'Don' Black and neo-Nazi Erich Gliebe. Fred Waldron Phelps Snr, a 79-year-oldAmerican Baptist pastor, and his Fred Waldron Phelps Snr, a 79-year-old American Baptist pastor, and his daughter Shirley Phelps-Roper are barred for their anti-gay comments
o.gif

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8033060.stm

Basically anyone who hasn't said a word would be allowed in.
But any country reserves its rights to deny entry of any individual.

Freedom of speech has to include freedom for speech you find offensive.

However, speaking in favor of murdering your friends, not something you need to admit into your country.

I don't like Savage, but the guy shouldn't be kept out of the UK, nor should Geert Wilders. To put these two men on the same list as murdering terrorist savages is despicable.

As for the US, anyone should be allowed to come in LEGALLY, as long as they are not Islamist terrorists, Islamist terrorist fund-raisers, people with genuine murder convictions, or actively seeking the overthrow of the US government.

I agree with most of these NOT being accepted, but where do you stop? What about animal rights and euthanasia supporters. Perhaps actually naming them is a political motive to make immigration look a lot tougher than it is.

Some believe that they should be accepted prior to committing an offence in this country. Would you let an homicidal maniac in your home until they have killed one of your family, this sounds far too liberal.

_45735862_002267380-1.jpg
Two anti-gay preachers who have picketed soldiers' funerals are banned

o.gif

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8033060.stm

Might suggest you do a Internet search to learn what the immigration policy of the governments you are concerned with are, to answer your question,"but where do you stop."

Some one's right to free speech is not infringed by not being allowed to immigrate. They can still say what the want, they just have to say it a little further away.:smile:

As far as who I would ban.
Everyone except intelligent good looking women between 18 and 30, but not so intelligent that they wouldn't go out with me. Unfortunately, that would probably limit immigration considerably.

Everyone except intelligent good looking women between 18 and 30, but not so intelligent that they wouldn't go out with me. Unfortunately, that would probably limit immigration considerably.

Love it!!!

Well, it depends on what the country would be. If I lived in the Independent Republic of The Other Guy, then yes there are a large number of people I would not allow in. But if the country is The United States of America, then by default I would have to let many more people in.

But there are groups banned from entering the US. For example, anyone with links to a known terrorist organization can't enter the US. There was a big story about a year ago about how Nelson Mandela could not legally enter the US because our antiquated list had the ANC as a Terrorist organization.

-snip-

But there are groups banned from entering the US. For example, anyone with links to a known terrorist organization can't enter the US. -snip-

I probably will qualify for not being able to enter US also, I *know* this guy and have worked with him:

http://progreso-weekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=922&Itemid=1

Personally, I excuse such things with the fact that the US is (relatively speaking) a Teenager compared to us European matures (with some 3000 yrs + history on our back) and so tend to do things just youngsters do...

Not saying I like it, though.

Rattler

Well here's a more light hearted view

GOVERNMENT'S 'BANNED LIST' MAKES EVERYTHING ALL BETTER

THE government's decision to ban some foreign people with unpleasant views has made everyone incredibly nice, it was confirmed today.

Within minutes of the Home Office announcement, racists, violent extremists and homophobes agreed to put down their placards and stop being so ruddy unpleasant all the time.

The Reverend Fred Phelps, the US psychopath who thinks all soldiers are gay witches, said: "The British government makes an excellent point. I will stop thinking these thoughts immediately."

He added: "Would you like to touch me on the bottom?"

And militant Islamic fruitcake, Safwat Hijazi, said: "Did I really say the infidels should be beheaded and that we should paint our mosques with their blood? That doesn't sound like me - I must have been drunk.

"Anyway, who's up for a double bill of Jesus Christ Superstar and Fiddler on the Roof?"

The government acted after a handful of British tourists were infected with horrid, nasty thoughts on the plane home from Acapulco.

Julian Cook, from Bristol, said: "About half way through the flight I turned to my wife and said, 'I don't want to go back to Britain, it's full of black people and homosexuals'. And she said she felt exactly the same way."

The government has today sent a leaflet to every home in the country advising what to do if you find yourself being a bigot, including wiping down hard surfaces with Dettol and spending a long weekend in the Lake District with an Asian lesbian.

Meanwhile people across Britain are demanding that any 'banned list' must include the pathetic couple from the BT adverts.

Tom Logan, from Hatfield, said: "I thought we'd got rid of them, but they're back and if we do not do something now it will be f**ing weddings and f**king babies and it will go on and on and on."
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/...st'-makes-everything-all-better-200905051743/

Last edited:
Personally, I excuse such things with the fact that the US is (relatively speaking) a Teenager compared to us European matures (with some 3000 yrs + history on our back) and so tend to do things just youngsters do...

Rattler

What the heck does that ^^^^^^ have to do with anything? The way I read the the orginal post it was discussing the UK's policy not the US policy......lemme check...BRB............................. Yep came from the UK Home Office.....not the US State Dept.

Hmmmmm. Just couldn't pass up a chance could ya.

Rattler
In some ways I agree with you, coming from a very young country myself, and i do realise that you were merely answering TOG's question.

However the one point you missed that completely disqualifies your statement, is that for the greatest part, the US was settled and inhabited by Europeans that left Europe to escape it's great many shortcomings. So in this case, "age" has not necessarily begotten "wisdom" or made for great individual and/or political maturity for Europe.

Last edited:
Don't really know which countries I can visit. In the passed as an American it was rare to need a visa to travel to other Countries. I did have to get a visa to go to Saudi Arabia, I also had a visa when I went Australia. I may have only needed a visa in Australia because I was going to work there temporarily.
While I went to a number of countries in Europe to give training and work for short periods, I did not bother to get a work visa.

Canada is protective of jobs and started back in the 80's loosely enforcing a fee to bring tools into Canada. Went to work in Canada for short periods and mostly acted like I was a tourist. If I brought my service tool kit, it was rather obvious I was going to work and would get charged $100.00 to bring the tools in with me. (When I got charged it was just added to the bill for my service call).

While I was not banned from Canada, they did try and suggest I shouldn't go there to work.

Heard an interview with the UK twit Home Secretary last night on Michael Savage's show (not a regular listener but knew he'd be talking about this issue since he recently got added to "THE LIST").

The most important thing I got from the interview was when she asked who makes the decision who gets on the list. Her answer? "I do."

So, now in the UK, you have one appointed bureaucrat making the decision who can, and who cannot, enter the country? That doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense, and sure seems to me a pretty sure formula for dictatorial control over the people allowed into the country. I'm sure that folks in the UK would be all aghast were an adherent to the National Front were sitting in that office, but a Leftist making capricious decisions to ban a person who says something she doesn't like entering the country is just fine and dandy?

And let's clear something up: Savage has never, I repeat, NEVER advocated violence against people he disagrees with, tends to argue against behavior more than against individuals, but he goes against the Leftist heterodoxy with fire and brimstone, and is placed on the "Keep Out" list, equating him with rabid terrorists and murderers.

The man has a damn good case for defamation of character.

I thought a President had more power than a Prime-minister let alone a Home secretary. I don't think that Smith is very leftist judging by the powers she gives the police, although its all relative of course!

Anyone who has a slight dislike of the nation or its people, and anyone who is not totally committed to learning the language and assimilating would be barred for life if it were up to me. Earth is already above its carrying capacity. Go live somewhere else.

Anyone who has a slight dislike of the nation or its people, and anyone who is not totally committed to learning the language and assimilating would be barred for life if it were up to me. Earth is already above its carrying capacity. Go live somewhere else.

I agree with you....People need to sacrifice, learn, and assimilate,..yup thats the word...not abandon their culture just assimilate..

Back