Was it worth it?

Do you still think it was a good decision to attack Iraq?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, not anymore!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Some would say to ask the fathers and mothers of our fallen men and women. Id say ask the sons and daughters of the fallen Iraqi's who were killed under Saddam.

I agree that it's always worth the effort to rid a poeple of a brutal and oppressive regime. What better cause can there be but to create a better life for someone by allowing them to be free of someone who rules by terror and torture?

Im split in this question. Im not for the first two reasons (Terrorism beeing the first then WMDs) but im split on the third reason beeing to liberate the iraqies from saddam, but i dont know if it was done in the right way. And dont ask me to put forth a better way to do it, because i dont know any. I just dont know (note those two words) if it was done correctly and in the best way.

I say it was an exellent idea. We can control the northern oil fields if we want to. And I believe that was the underlying reason for the Iraq war. As far as WMD's are concerned, look in Libya and the surrounding countries. Off topic, Osama bin Laden is in Connecticut!

silent driller said:
I say it was an exellent idea. We can control the northern oil fields if we want to.

Well if you didnt happen to know those oil fields wasnt yours.
What I mean is that taking the control of those oilfields makes you nothing but bunch of bandits.

We should have taken Saddam out in the Gulf War :rambo: ...could've done it easily if it hadn't been for that stupid executive order banning assassination.

Then, we should have just sat back and relaxed while the UN did it's job- most likely screwing it up royally, however. Ah well. Nothing's ever easy.

hc^patonki said:
makes you nothing but bunch of bandits.

Keep it civil. Do NOT start namecalling here, it will not be tolerated. If you disagree with someone's position (or that of any nation) express your disagreement in a mature and responsible fashion.

That goes for everybody.

JagSeal said:
We should have taken Saddam out in the Gulf War ...could've done it easily if it hadn't been for that stupid executive order banning assassination.

How do you know?

i on the other hand think that if we did not do what we did in iraq, there would be more than just soldiers dying(not trying to dishonor the soldiers who are fighting and those who have died already).

Back