Worst US President, Carter - Must Read!

Senior, you could very well be the person that swayed "just one person's opinion" ... and ... that person could very well be the one who casts the deciding vote before congress about an issue. YOU JUST NEVER KNOW.

You (like me), are more of a pessimist than an optimist ... but ... to say that it is NOT better to continue a discussion (any discussion), is the same as saying we should ALWAYS go to war because one person doesn't agree with our country's opinion as to where the sun rises and sets.

Bottom line ... you and I are no longer in a position to do anything BUT to continue our discussions. We are no longer on the cutting edge of 'military diplomacy' ... we are the 'couch potatoes' of our generation when it comes to influencing matters on the world stage.

IT'S A REAL BUMMER ISN'T IT?

I don't look at my self as a couch potato. I am active in our local politics.

I'm not really a pessimist, I've become cynical towards the opinions of the left, their agenda has nothing to do with the betterment of the coutnry for us but to get their party elected. It is very shameful to see what politics has come to.

What harm can come from discussion??? Sometimes I will even play "devils advocate" to spur more discussion even if I don’t agree with what I am saying.

I took a class once on the Theories of Science and Technology and the most valuable thing that class taught me was to think of everything at first as BS and to completely explore all possibilities as crazy as some may be. You can only achieve this through dicussion.

There is a major difference between discussion and blind adherence to the party line.

Exploring possibilities is best left to inventors and scientists. Politicians are the $#!t slingers of the country and basically serve no useful purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Warning! Typing in all caps is against the rules.

OK, I can't edit all of your caps so please stop typing in caps. It is a rule that you all agreed to abide by when you signed up.

There is a major difference between discussion and blind adherence to the party line.

Exploring possibilities is best left to inventors and scientists. Politicians are the $#!t slingers of the country and basically serve no useful purpose.

Well our forefathers never intended Politics to be a career now did they. No, I believe all the "politicians" from our roots where nothing more than scientists, farmers, engineers, shopkeepers, and so on. Thus I think we should also have a term limit to our congress much like the limit on our presidents.

Furthermore if you are trying to imply that I have a blind adherence to a "party line" well my friend you are sorely mistaken.

Well our forefathers never intended Politics to be a career now did they. No, I believe all the "politicians" from our roots where nothing more than scientists, farmers, engineers, shopkeepers, and so on. Thus I think we should also have a term limit to our congress much like the limit on our presidents.

Furthermore if you are trying to imply that I have a blind adherence to a "party line" well my friend you are sorely mistaken.

If I were trying to imply that you were a strict party line follower the text would have started:

Donkey, ....... end.

Take a chill pill and get back to me.

If I were trying to imply that you were a strict party line follower the text would have started:

Donkey, ....... end.

Take a chill pill and get back to me.

I am chill I'm surprised however you didnt talk about the first part of my post.

I am chill I'm surprised however you didnt talk about the first part of my post.

The reason for that is that I don't disagree. The founding fathers never intended for people to live in the political arena and spend the tax dollars the government is collecting. Those guys make more money that many of their constituants added together.

"no Taxation Without Representation" ......

The reason for that is that I don't disagree. The founding fathers never intended for people to live in the political arena and spend the tax dollars the government is collecting. Those guys make more money than many of their constituents added together.

IF our forefathers were around, they would be in the progress of rousing the Minutemen to march on Washington DC. One of their battle cries would be "NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION". The 1764 Sugar Act (Revenue Act) & the 1765 Stamp Act which imposed direct sales tax in colonies, was enough to begin the march to independence. They would NOT recognise the government that has formed since those early days in 1776 (along with all of the taxes that go with our form of government) ... as a matter of fact, they could never have envisioned the nation spanning octopus that the US government has become.

As far as 'professional' politicians, they wouldn't even know what you were talking about. As Donkey said, our early politicians were "scientists, farmers, engineers, shopkeepers, and so on" ... otherwise, they were men of leisure, that volunteered to carry out the 'limited' exercise of government.

That isn't what we have today ... and I agree, there should be a term limit (six years is too short and more than twelve years is too much).

*Edit* for misspelled words in quote (sorry).

Back