Worst Current Issue Weapon(Rifle or Pistol)

The burst doesnt give you the opportunity to aim the second two shots

Well, the idea is that you keep steady and fire them all at your target...Your not sopposed to use each bullet for a diffrent target....

with full auto you can aim as you fire

No, you cant. I dont know where you got that from, but when you aim while firing full auto it is very diffecult to hit. Im not saying this based on my limited experience, but based on countless soldiers I talked to. Not one told me that Auto is accurate.

Yes, it wastes ammo, but as long as I don't have to pay for it...

Cute. But in an acctuall fire fight you will need to put as many of your bullets into the targets, not into the ground, walls, birds and civilians.

Aiming in full auto...

Every really tried it?

Especially on a 8 pound M16?

When I entered the Corps, we still had the A1 model with the full auto selection, it was considered a fireteam squad automatic weapon. Its pitiful performance is the reason for the M249 introduction. I started as a pig handler and was glad to see the 249 enter service, 5 pounds lighter and the ammo was easier to haul, but it still was over 17 pounds so it is controllable.

Every gunner knows that you are taught 6 to 9 round bursts and the most aimable burst rate and saves your barrel for either the 240/60 or 249. The point is a rifleman is what it says, giving everyone full auto capability creates huge problems for the NCOs and Officers trying to control a fire fight, if you run out of ammo, you are dead.

Aimed, sustained fire is what wins firefights, not spraying bullets everywhere!!

Semper FI....

sherman105 said:
Yes, it wastes ammo, but as long as I don't have to pay for it...

Cute. But in an acctuall fire fight you will need to put as many of your bullets into the targets, not into the ground, walls, birds and civilians.
:lol:
Does dying because you're out of ammo count as paying? :roll: ;)

we all know that ur gonna use burst fire in close qarters,but on 'distance' ur gonna use semi auto,whats the big deal....

My mom is a Captian dating a master sergant who trains infantry before they head off to war. He swears the m16 is the worst rifle ever made and the ak47 is the best, kinda odd isnt it :) He actually owns one im not sure how that works out. It stays on base i asked him where he bought it and i got no reply, Im guessing they dont care since he trains them. But he says you can throw it in the mud or leave it in a locker for 15 years and let it rust over and nomatter what it will always fire.

My mom is a Captian dating a master sergant who trains infantry before they head off to war. He swears the m16 is the worst rifle ever made and the ak47 is the best, kinda odd isnt it He actually owns one im not sure how that works out. It stays on base i asked him where he bought it and i got no reply, Im guessing they dont care since he trains them. But he says you can throw it in the mud or leave it in a locker for 15 years and let it rust over and nomatter what it will always fire.

Well, Id hardly say the M16 is the worst ever.....Ever had a look at Japanese rifles during WWII? How ever, the AK is a much more relaible weapon the the M16.

Ak more reliable....

Very true, but the accuracy is an issue, but the way they are generally used, spray and area and hope to hit, it makes sense to have a reliable weapon.

Big_Z said:
My mom is a Captian dating a master sergant who trains infantry before they head off to war. He swears the m16 is the worst rifle ever made and the ak47 is the best, kinda odd isnt it :) He actually owns one im not sure how that works out. It stays on base i asked him where he bought it and i got no reply, Im guessing they dont care since he trains them. But he says you can throw it in the mud or leave it in a locker for 15 years and let it rust over and nomatter what it will always fire.

So, anyone else notice the problem with this statement?

M-16 was designed very well, it was concentrated on accuracy, and light weight. And was total sucess. In my opinion M-16's one of the best rifles ever produced, it would be the best just if it was a little bit more reliable....
Ak series are complete junk(when looking accuracy & weight, but it's very reliable. So 2-1 for M-16 ;)

Big_Z said:

Isn't that forbidden? :shock: :?

Uncle_Sam said:
Big_Z said:

Isn't that forbidden? :shock: :?

Right you are, Sam.

And that AK story has been floating around for years. (keeping an AK47 in a footlocker for years and having to kick open the bolt due to rust but then firing the weapon with no problems, etc. etc.)

Uncle Sam wrote:
Ak series are complete junk

Now now, thats a reall exageration by any standart. Rmember the original AK47 went into service 1947, and is still a relaible cheap alternative to most assault rifles. Its not ment to be accurate above 200 meters, because Soviet infantry was not meant to engage there enemy on longer ranges...

sherman105 said:
Uncle Sam wrote:
Ak series are complete junk

Now now, thats a reall exageration by any standart. Rmember the original AK47 went into service 1947, and is still a relaible cheap alternative to most assault rifles. Its not ment to be accurate above 200 meters, because Soviet infantry was not meant to engage there enemy on longer ranges...
Now there Sherman, You didn't read the whole post ;)

I agree with USMC Johnny

I despise the M16 A2

I believe we would do a lot better if we had just stuck with the M1903 Springfield (I can modify that weapon a lot of ways) THough it's not my favorite weapon it is one of the best and most resilient that I've ever come across.

I agree with USMC Johnny

I despise the M16 A2

I believe we would do a lot better if we had just stuck with the M1903 Springfield (I can modify that weapon a lot of ways) THough it's not my favorite weapon it is one of the best and most resilient that I've ever come across.

:roll:

Sgt Lou said:
I agree with USMC Johnny

I despise the M16 A2

I wish we'd still use the crossbow.... ;)

I've noticed you don't read post very carefully Redneck. I said "He says you can" i never said "he did". Thats if your implying what i think you are and yes he said exactly what you said about kicking the bolt. And posting that was stupid of me i was drinking, but then again i always am.

I once spent a happy afternoon firing different versions of the AK47, and one thing that surprised us were just how accurate some of them were. We were like, "ho, ho, here we go..." and then, "hey, not bad..."

It think they get a bad rep for accuracy in part because there are many locally-made copies of the rifle: when it gets down to that level, its not the design of the rifle, but the skill of the Somali or Pakistani gunsmith that counts. They are also often fired by people who have never been shown how to use them properly. If someone is firing a local copy from the hip on fully automatic, they won't hit a thing. Even fired from the shoulder, single-shot, people would still need to be shown how to hold the thing properly, and to patiently level the rifle after each shot, as the recoil is pretty nasty. So, easy to use, hard to use well.

Fired prone, single shot, a Russian or Chinese made AK47 will be accurate out to three hundred yards. You can get a longer accurate range if you allow for bullet drop (like the old 303s), from memory one of the rifles I fired actually had a flip-up ranging sight just like a 303: dont know how common that is, or whether it was a local kludge.

The idea that they don't need cleaning is, well, not accurate: they are just as prone to stoppage as any other assault rifle if they are abused. They probably get their rep for reliability because they are easier to clean, and easier to clear if there is a stoppage.

Nice rifle, but give me a G36 any time - I'd love to play with one of those :)

Military shotguns

USMC Johnny said:
Another Firearm I'm not too fond of:

Remington 870
20 Gauge Shotgun

The scatter is to little, and the charge is far too weak.

My opionion on that, is that a shotgun should never be smaller than a 12 gauge.

Has anyone used military shotguns before??? I haven't, that is a civilian gun.

Used the Winchester and the Mossberg pumps while in the Corps. Except for the extended magazine on the pumps, I prefer my A390 that I have now for hunting and sporting clays.

Semper FI.

Back