The Worst book on war you ever read

A Can of Man

Je suis aware
They Marched into Sunlight -
Basically it's about the Vietnam War and focuses on some bulls*** movement that was going on at a University, also focuses on some groups like the Guerrilla Theater... but doesn't seem to have much of a significance.
The other part is about a US Army unit (can't remember which, it's been a while since I read about it) which got slaughtered pretty badly. I guess we can learn a few things off of that but you really don't know how accurate the research was because... you don't get the point of the book.
Also there are glaring technical inaccuracies.
It refers to the 20mm rounds of the Spooky gunships going "thud" "thud" on the ground as if it was some kind of mortar round.

Thin Red Line

The only war film that put me to sleep. There are even silent movies that havent done that?

That movie was so full of s**t in some places.
If something like that with flares going off at night happened during your watch... well he'd not only lose a few pay grades but most likely transferred out of his unit as well. Not to mention, the platoon leader, platoon sergeant, etc etc. would have all been busted to hell as well.

Back