Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Airlines

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
exxon-profits-and-climate-chan.jpg

does this answer it?

It just illustrates his point...Oil companies are far more competitive and vicious when it comes to their business...Which I happen to agree with.

Put it to you this way:

There are actually some people in America that actually LIKE high Gas prices.

Take a wild guess as to who?

How they like high gas prices? and how can they manipulate the market demand/price?

For one they all own stock in oil companies....from Bush to Kerry they all love Mobil/Exxon, Conoco Philips, etc etc

For two most the high prices on gas are due to taxes.

I believe mmarsh was referring to the green peace guys with their beleif that it will cut down on driving right?:hide:

Politicians is a mix. Some either own stock or take massive contributions from the oil industry. Just remember the next time Senetor James Inhofe (R-OK) refers to Global warning as a "farce" that it was Big Oil the paid for most of his campaign. His denial of basic science is not without reason.

At the same time, Politicans don't like high gas prices. High gas prices creates lots of very angry voters, voters who generally come out in droves on election day to voice their displeasure.

mops_save_the_whale.jpg

Crazy Hippies..... I voted neither.

Anyways, Gas Prices aren't that bad in the USA. Europe pays something like $8US a liter. Not a us gallon folks but a liter. Do I like the current prices. No, but paying $2.95 a gallon for me is not the end of the world.

I bet you that when the cable company raises their prices you don't *****. Food prices of have been up and you don't see people screaming about that. If we go with ethanol, food will be far higher in price. The issue with the gas prices is simple.... Supply and Demand. OPEC Controls the flow of oil. It's the same thing with diamonds. The only reason that diamonds are worth something because of it's limited release on the market. De Beers controls about 90% of the diamonds in the world. They release such a small amount on the market that the issue of supply and demand keeps prices up.

OPEC does the same action. They control most of the oil.l They release only X number of barrels of oil on the market. If they pumped more oil, prices would be less. Don't blame the oil companies. Blame OPEC and the nations that run OPEC.

The Airlines, I have issues with them but my issues with them is a fact with all of society. THERE IS NO LONGER ANY DAMN CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!

Number one..Where did you get a photo of my wife? We gotta have a talk!

Other than that I gotta go with big oil.

Back