World's WORST Military Vehicles - Page 4

--

March 7th, 2004  
Gunner13

To all,

The point of this forum is to discuss bad production vehicles and bad vehicle ideas - training is NOT under discussion here as that's a subject for another forum. I wanted to mainly focus on WWII forward as the vehicles before that were just too primative.

dragon_master_gunner is right when he states that that covers a lot of territory, but bad ideas stand out.
March 7th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: relax

Gunner, we are just playing around....
March 10th, 2004  
Gunner13

OK, point noted and I don't want to get stuffy, but I do want to home in on the BAD ideas so we can all try and learn something (and have some good discussions )
--
March 10th, 2004  
Redneck

The FLEEP (Flying Jeep) and the Rotabuggy.

http://www.internau.psi.br/willys/curiosidades.htm
(about halfway down)
March 10th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: dang

Oh, that is one ugly POS!!!
March 10th, 2004  
Gunner13

Ugly does not begin to describe the thing. Other words you could use are stupid, vulnernable and a waste. Thank goodness it was just a prototype and not a production vehicle.

You know, that T25 just above it would have been a sure looser too. Unless you were short enough to hide behinde the armored side door, I can't see how it would have worked.
March 10th, 2004  
Redneck

Another huge problem (and the reason it was scrapped) with the T25 (and the GPA) was that the weight of the armor counteracted the famed Jeep speed an manueverability.
March 10th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: F104

OK. I admit, it wasent all bad, but the f104 was referd to as the "widow's plane" and that says it all.Dozens were lost in accidents around the world.
March 10th, 2004  
Animal Mother

Topic: Re: F104

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman105
OK. I admit, it wasent all bad, but the f104 was referd to as the "widow's plane" and that says it all.Dozens were lost in accidents around the world.
That is what you get when you combine a high performance plane with green pilots...
March 11th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: I dont know

As i said, its not all bad... But the Jordanians are good pilots and they had trubles too..